Festival of Sail in Tacoma is a rare chance to catch a glimpse, step aboard, and even set sail on some of the grandest ships of yore. Tacoma will be one of only a handful of Pacific ports that will host the historic tall ships, some of the world’s largest sailing vessels. Festival of Sail Tacoma includes ship tours, day sails, educational programming, food and beverage, entertainment, one very big floating duck, and fun for the entire family.
Festival of Sail Hours: Thursday 11AM-7PM (No on-board tours), Friday 9AM-5PM, Saturday 9AM-5PM, Sunday 9AM-5PM.
Highlights of invited ships:
- Adventuress launched in 1913, was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1989.
- Gaff Schooner Freda B launched in 1991, intended for comfortable offshore passage-making between New England and Key West with well-appointed accommodations.
- Hawaiian Chieftan, built of steel in Hawaii in 1988 and originally designed for cargo trade among the Hawaiian Islands.
- Lady Washington launched in 1989, was built in Aberdeen, Washington, a full-scale replica of the original 1787 ship and used in the movie “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl”.
- World’s Largest Rubber Duck (okay, so this isn’t a sailing ship…)
- …and many more, over 20 in all…see invited ships link above….
Advance ticket prices (ticket prices increase at the door): Single-Day Festival Pass (does NOT include boat tours): $9; Single-Day On Board (boat tour) + Festival Pass: $12; Multi-Day On Board Tour Pass: $20.
Additional tickets for sailing, tours, and combo packages range from $30-$150. Kids 4 and under do not require an ADMISSION ticket. ALL PASSENGERS on Day Sails require a ticket. More Info: http://festofsailtacoma.com/festival/tickets/.
Parking is additional and may be limited. Find an extensive map of parking locations on their website. More info: http://festofsailtacoma.com/festival/parking-and-transportation/.
Uber ride sharing: Festival of Sail Tacoma has partnered with Uber to get you to and from the event; use the promo code “FESTOFSAIL” in the Uber app Payments section for $10 off your first trip. Promo code expires on July 31.
Foss Waterway Seaport, 705 Dock St, Tacoma, WA 98402