Join the FUN and help plant 25,000 (!!!) daffodil bulbs on the west side of Volunteer Park. Lend your hand to this major community-wide effort to create a stunning, permanent springtime garden bed. This project is being done in tribute to Doug Bayley, co-founder of Volunteer Park Trust and the visionary who conceived of this beautiful and impressive swath of yellow returning permanently every spring. Flowering bulbs—and daffodils in particular—have long been a component in historic Olmsted-designed landscapes across the country and provide a welcome burst of bright, seasonal color. THANK YOU to our sponsors: Aegis Living on Madison and 4Culture! RSVP so they know you are coming. More info: Daffodil Planting Party in Volunteer Park – Volunteer Park Trust
Daffodil Planting Party: What to bring
- Bring your gardening gloves and face mask.
- Tools, bulbs, FREE coffee & donuts, and water WILL BE PROVIDED.
- Stay for all or part of this event. Groups are encouraged – create a volunteer team of your co-workers!
- Meet at the SW entrance to Volunteer Park – at the staircase across the street from 1065 E. Prospect St.
- We’ll be working on the park’s western edge slopes planting bulbs between E Prospect St and E Highland Dr.
- We’ll have Team Leaders on hand to guide and instruct you in small groups.
- Seattle Parks & Recreation is asking both vaccinated and unvaccinated people to mask up outdoors when 6 feet of distance cannot be maintained from people who are not from your household. This precaution allows Parks to continue to hold volunteer functions and show that they are taking the health and safety of our community seriously.