Meany Center for the Performing Arts at the University of Washington Seattle Campus fosters innovative performances that advance public engagement, cultural exchange, creative research and learning through the arts. Meany Center provides opportunities for diverse artists, community, students, and faculty to connect in the discovery and exploration of the boundless power of the arts to create positive change in the world.
Meany Center hosts a variety of student events, from master classes with world-renowned musicians, scholars, choreographers and dance companies, to residencies and creative workshops.
In addition to student events, Meany Center’s public programs and performances connect audiences with global issues and ideas, facilitating cultural understanding and celebrating the differences that make our world a place of boundless creativity and inspiration.
Each season, the Center presents international artists in the following series:
- World Dance Series brings renowned companies and choreographers from around the world to Seattle to inspire and engage audiences with their creative collaborations and thought-provoking performances.
- President’s Piano Series presents acclaimed masters of the keyboard in a diverse lineup of piano recitals.
- International Chamber Music Series presents exceptional chamber ensembles with artistic pairings and guest artists.
- Crossroads Series (formerly World Music & Theater). A four-event showcase of music at the intersection of genres and cultures.
Meany Center student free and discount tickets
UW Student $10 Tickets are available for most Meany Center visiting artist performances. Purchase in advance and in person at the ArtsUW Ticket Office, located at 1313 NE 41st Street, or at the box office the night of an event. A valid UW student ID must be presented at the time of purchase. Seating is subject to availability.
Students can also purchase a discounted subscription. As with single tickets, UW students pay $10 per ticket for Section B seats, but Section A tickets are the real bargain at only $20 per ticket when purchased as a subscription. Subscriptions include other benefits, too, such as the first choice of premium seats, and free and flexible cross-series exchanges. Limit of one subscription per valid UW student ID. Learn more about subscriptions here.
Get FREE tickets when you volunteer with The Student Engagement Team (SET). SET members are student advocates who volunteer in facilitating outreach efforts, social events, campus engagement and other opportunities targeted at making Meany Center an increasingly valuable educational and social resource to all students. If you are excited about meeting artists and have ideas about how to get other people excited about arts then SET might be for you. Volunteers get complimentary tickets to Meany Center events. Service learning credit may also be available. Learn more about the SET team here.
Meany Center Subscription
Due to the impacts of Covid-19, we have suspended all live events through June 2021. Season ticket packages are no longer available.
While we await reopening, we invite you to enjoy the free virtual performances and artist conversations on our new digital stage, Meany On Screen.
Free streaming on demand performance schedule
- May 14-21, 2021. The acclaimed Imani Winds and Catalyst Quartet present a bold combination of chamber music for winds and strings.
- June 4-11, 2021. The Emerson String Quartet is one of the world’s premier chamber music ensembles. These long-time friends of Meany present an online performance video from the Boston Celebrity Series, recorded at Drew University Concert Hall in Madison, NJ.
- June 11-18, 2021. Camille A. Brown & Dancers documentary
More info: https://meanycenter.org/tickets/season