Are you wondering what to do with all the lentils and beans you bought to stock up? King County Library System (KCLS) is offering a FREE online series about cooking with Lentils, Beans & Other Veggie Delights. Join Amanda Strombom, president of Vegetarians of Washington, to learn some simple recipes for using these protein powerhouses and other vegetarian options. Amanda will cook in her own kitchen, using ingredients you are likely to have on hand. You can cook along, or just watch! Each week, Amanda will feature a different bean, legume, or product. All ages welcome. Register in advance to receive the Zoom link sent the day of the event, see the lineup below.
- Friday, May 1, 5pm-Mediterranean chickpea stew with quinoa. Register: https://kcls.bibliocommons.com/events/5ea33a966f61a62f003d0173
- Friday, May 8, 5pm-Marinated tofu with kale and peanut sauce. Register: https://kcls.bibliocommons.com/events/5ea33a966f61a62f003d0174
- Friday, May 15, 5pm-White bean “cheesy” quesadillas with crudities. Register: https://kcls.bibliocommons.com/events/5ea33a966f61a62f003d0175
- Friday, May 22, 5pm-Breakfast tofu scramble and tempeh bacon. Register: https://kcls.bibliocommons.com/events/5ea33a966f61a62f003d0176
- Friday, May 29, 5pm-Lentil edamame salad and vegan Caesar salad. Register: https://kcls.bibliocommons.com/events/5ea33a966f61a62f003d0177
Post expires on Saturday May 30th, 2020