Make Music Day (MMD) is a free worldwide celebration of music always held on June 21 during the summer solstice (longest day of the year). The event encourages and provide opportunities for anyone–amateur or professional–to participate in and enjoy FREE live music at public venues. In the Puget Sound region, MMD events are organized in several cities. Each community organizes its own events, and each celebration has a distinct expression. We’ve listed each cities website below, check them out for schedules and other details in a venue near you.
Make Music Day Events
- Federal Way Make Music is a live, free musical celebration with concerts on streets and sidewalks and in businesses all around town.
- Issaquah Make Music is free and open to all, it’s an opportunity to listen to or play your favorite music. Performers take to the streets, sidewalks, and parks from 4:00-9:00pm.
- Kitsap Make Music. From the northern tip of Kitsap County through Bainbridge Island, to towns of Central and South Kitsap and from Puget Sound to Hood Canal, everyone will be welcome to play or listen to music in venues across the region. And the best part is that it is absolutely free.
- Port Townsend Make Music: is a community tradition for all ages — and the only Make Music Day on the Olympic Peninsula.
- Seattle Make Music: Events include interactive activities all day in downtown Seattle and surrounding neighborhoods.