Bainbridge Community Piano Association (BCPA) presents First Sundays Concerts. Eash season features an array of stellar classical and jazz performances by local musicians and invited guests from around the country. All concerts are at 4:00 pm at the Waterfront Park Community/Senior Center. Seating is limited. Avance purchase is highly encouraged. Proof of vaccination and masks are required. More info: About BCPA — BCPA (firstsundaysconcerts.org)
BCPA First Sundays Concerts 2022
- January 9 | Elisa Barston & Friends, Classical Piano Trio. Debussy’s exquisite G Major Piano Trio, as well as Beethoven’s ‘Archduke’ Trio. Distinguished musicians will be Elisa Barston – violin, Pansy Chang – cello, and Paige Roberts Molloy – piano.
- February 6 | Greta Matassa, Jazz Vocalist & Quintet. Legendary jazz vocalist and Bainbridge Islander, Greta Matassa returns to the series with her fabulous jazz quintet. Ms Matassa’s performance in March of 2020 was the last concert before live music went quiet, and we are so pleased to have her ensemble performing for us once again.
- March 6 | Elizabeth Phelps & Friends, Classical Quartet. Elizabeth Phelps – violin, leads an ensemble of rising stars in the Seattle chamber music world. They will be performing a wonderfully diverse program, including Brahms’ soulful clarinet quintet, as well as works by Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Caroline Shaw, and by Northwest native Angelique Poteat, whose commissions have included a composition for the Seattle Symphony.
- April 3 | Bill Anschell, Jazz Trio. One of Bainbridge’s jazz favorites, Bill Anschell returns to the series with a dynamite trio. Bill will be joined by D’Vonne Lewis on drums and Jeff Johnson on bass.
- May 1 | Michael Partington, Solo Classical Guitar. A special May Day concert with award winning British guitarist, Michael Partington.
- September 11 | Frank Huang, Solo Classical Piano. The Community Piano Association’s Yamaha grand will be heard in all it’s glory under the hands of Frank Huang, piano soloist. A Seattle native, Mr. Huang has gained international recognition for his artistry and technical command.
- Date change: October 9 | Members of the Seattle Symphony, Classical Piano Quartet with French Horn. After performing our first live concert in 19 months, Seattle Symphony musicians return to the series with a concert of piano trios and quartets, including the beautiful French horn trio by Johannes Brahms.
- November 6 | Duende Libre, Afro-Cuban Jazz Quintet. Seattle’s Duende Libre makes their ‘First Sundays Concerts’ debut and closes out our season with a sizzling performance, rich in pan-global musical influences. The members of the group have been described as ‘globe-trotting modern jazz virtuosi’.