Come discover the mysterious animals that live below the pier at night in Olympia’s Boston Harbor Marina. Underwater lights attract spectacular estuary creatures for you to safely scoop up and observe, while our volunteer naturalists help you identify and learn more about what you’ve found. Also try your hand at driving an underwater remotely operated vehicle. Pre-registration is required to ensure proper staffing for events.
Pier Peer @ Boston Harbor Marina event dates
- Sat, OCT 15, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM PDT.
- Sat, NOV 19, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM PST.
- Sat, DEC 10, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM PST.
What to bring
- Dress for the weather.
- Wear non-slip shoes as the dock can be slick.
- Wear a face mask.
- Bring your own flashlight (optional, but nice to have!)
- Bring your life jackets; there are a limited number to borrow, so bring your own if you have one.
**Children must wear life jackets during this event and be accompanied by an adult. There must be at least one adult per two children to ensure supervision and safety. This event involves some contact with deep water and is not recommended for children under 6 years old. Not a bad idea for those with children to have spare clothes and towel in the car.
Post expires on Sunday December 11th, 2022