Watch a new documentary celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Saving the Market. This new documentary was produced in partnership with KOMO 4, Friends of the Market, and Pike Place Market Preservation and Development Authority. It is being screened online with limited commercial interruption. You’ll hear first-hand accounts from the advocates who marched, collected signatures, and fought a seven-year legal battle that saved Pike Place Market from the wrecking ball in 1971 and learn about the work that continues to keep the Market strong today. More info: Labor of Love: Saving Pike Place Market marks effort 50 years ago to preserve iconic area | KOMO (komonews.com) and Keep the Market! | Pike Place Market
When to watch “Labor of Love – Saving Pike Place Market”
- Friday, October 15: “Labor of Love” will be posted onKOMO (komonews.com) and STIRR for unlimited video-on-demand showings on digital platform.
- Saturday, October 16: “Labor of Love” documentary premieres on KOMO4 TV at 9:00pm. Re-Air Dates:
- Sunday, November 7 at 3:30pm.
- Friday, November 26 at 9:00am
- Friday, November 26 at 5:30pm
- Saturday, December 25 at 9:30pm
For a preview, watch the YouTube trailer “labor of Love”: