Join the Seattle Out of the Darkness Walk to support the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Held in hundreds of cities across the country, these community walks are part of the Out of the Darkness movement that began in 2004. These events give people the courage to open up about their own connections to the cause, and a platform to create a culture that’s smarter about mental health. Friends, family members, neighbors and coworkers walk side-by-side, supporting each other and in memory of those we’ve lost.
FAQ: Seattle Out of the Darkness Walk
- Is there a registration fee? No, there is no registration fee to participate. However, to participate, you must register for the walk.
- Is there a fundraising minimum? No, but participants are encouraged to set a $150 fundraising goal to help support AFSP’s work to stop suicide. Every participant who raises at least $150 will receive the official walk t-shirt!
- Can I register day of the walk? Yes! You can register in-person from the time check-in begins until the walk starts. Check-in Time: 11:00 am. Walk Start Time: 12:00 pm.
- Are volunteers needed? Yes! Fill out their online form.
- Can I donate instead of walk? Yes! Visit their online donation link.
- More info: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP)