Are you 13 – 19 years old? Do you enjoy music, movies, museums, plays, concerts, or comedy? Want to get tickets to any of these activities for just $5?
Every month, you can join hundreds of Seattle-area teenagers who use TeenTix to attend arts events for just five bucks. Your free TeenTix pass lets you buy day-of-show tickets at the box office for just $5.00
Sounds good. Where can I use the TeenTix pass?
You can use your TeenTix pass for many activities, such as:
- Catch plays at 5th Avenue, ACT, Initiman, Seattle Repertory Theatre, West of Lenin, and Seattle Shakespeare Company.
- Attend performances at Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute, Theatre Off Jackson, Seattle Town Hall, and Jet City Improv.
- Go to cultural events at Seattle Opera, Seattle Symphony, Pacific Northwest Ballet, and Seattle Children’s Theatre.
- Visit Seattle Art Museum, MOPOP, Bellevue Arts Museum, MOHAI, and Pacific Science Center.
- Watch films at SIFF, Grand Cinema in Tacoma, and Three Dollar Cinema events.
Plus many, many more events and locations around the Puget Sound region.
For a complete list, visit teentix.org/partners. Most events hosted by these organizations are TeenTix eligible, with the exception of a few special events and galas.
Or, just check the TeenTix web calendar to see all eligible upcoming events on a day you are looking for something to do.
So, how does TeenTix work?
It’s easy as 1-2-3 to sign up and get $5 tickets. Here’s how.
- First, you sign up for the pass online. It’s free and easy to do. You can also create an free account and sign up for a free newsletter.
- Second, find a show you want to attend at a partner organization and take your pass with you to the event.
- Third, you buy a $5 day-of-show ticket at the box office.
Yep, it’s that simple.
Anything else I need to know about TeenTix?
Not much. As we’ve mentioned, it’s free to sign up and get a free TeenTix pass. You take your pass and ID to the box office for an event you want to attend, pay 5 bucks, and you get in.
But here’s a bit more info to answer questions you may have.
Get a TeenTix pass: Any teenager 13-19 years old can sign up for TeenTix. You don’t need to live in Seattle to sign up. Anyone, from anywhere, can sign up and use the TeenTix pass as long as they are 13-19 years old. You also need eligible ID. Since TeenTix passes are not barcoded or tracked, when you go to buy a ticket, the person at the box office needs to ask for proof of age from anyone presenting a TeenTix pass.
Eligible IDs: your picture ID from your school or homeschool agency ID (even if it doesn’t have your birthday on it), or your driver’s license (if you have one). Another option is to get a Washington State ID card, which is available to residents of all ages and carries a photo and birthdate.
Cash only. You may only use cash to purchase TeenTix tickets. Credit cards, debit cards and checks will not be accepted.
Just remember, to use TeenTix, you need 3 things: PASS + ID + CASH.
A couple more TeenTix tips:
TeenTix is a day-of-event ticket program–that’s why the tickets are so cheap! That means, on the day of the show, if there are tickets available and you have your TeenTix pass, you can buy one.
You can’t reserve a TeenTix ticket in advance. Sometimes, shows sell out and no TeenTix tickets are available. To avoid this, just call ahead. Box office info can be found in the right-hand column of every event listing in the TeenTix calendar.
TeenTix was founded in 2004 by Seattle Center, in partnership with the resident arts organizations on the Seattle Center campus. In 2006, TeenTix began expanding, and adding partners outside of Seattle Center.
Currently, over 70 arts organizations throughout the Puget Sound region participate in the TeenTix program. To date, TeenTix has helped teens attend over 70,000 events. Wow. That’s a lot of fun for cheap.
How to get a TeenTix pass
Visit https://www.teentix.org/ and follow the instructions to sign up for a free TeenTix pass.