For the short week before Thanksgiving, November 20-22, 2017, we’re focused on shopping strategies for the upcoming “Black Friday” weekend, including couponing techniques that save you time as well as money. And in the true spirit of Thanksgiving, we include some ideas for not shopping.
This year, the holidays will be different
Wondering how to get through the holidays without overspending and overdoing the effort to create some seasonal spirit? Some thoughtful planning now could be a game changer.
If the holidays fill you with more dread than cheer, leaving you with regret in the New Year, then read through some of the articles from Greater Seattle On The Cheap and our national site LivingOnTheCheap.com.
- How to maximize your savings while shopping for Thanksgiving dinner
- How to throw a cheap and easy holiday party
- Free arts and crafts ideas keep kids happy on Thanksgiving
- Plan to getaway Thanksgiving Weekend to Leavenworth, WA for the Christmas Market
- Save money by daring to change holiday traditions
- How to end the exchange of useless holiday junk
- On the holiday cliff? Invoke the ‘sanity clause’
- 35 ways to save money and time during the holidays
- 9 ways to make extra cash for the holidays
- Get CASH for used books, music, movies, and games
Free and cheap things to do
If what you really want is diversion – interesting and fun free things to do, then the following events are some of the holiday highlights and a couple interesting tidbits from our calendar:
Free Christmas tree festival in Seattle every day November 18-29 (all day) in the lobby of the Fairmont Olympic Hotel.
Free live reindeer in north Seattle every day November 11 – December 24, 9am-6pm at Swanson’s Nursery.
Free live reindeer in Bothell every day November 11 – December 24, 11am-5 at Country Village Shops.
Free all ages STEM activities in north Seattle November 21, 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm at Broadview Branch Library.
Free opera lecture in Seattle November 21, 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Seattle University Pigott Auditorium.
Free Gingerbread Village holiday tradition in Seattle every day November 21 – December 31, 8am-11:30pm at City Centre (across from Sheraton Hotel).
For still more free and cheap things to do, check this week’s calendar below, or for free fun anytime, visit the entire Greater Seattle on the Cheap calendar.
Get this weeknight list of suggestions sent to you automatically each week, if you sign up for our email list. Click here to subscribe. (Yes, of course it’s FREE.)
Monday, November 20, 2017
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Love our cheap ideas? Get DEALS delivered by email – yes, of course it’s FREE! Click here to subscribe