Guest Chef Night at FareStart restaurant has been called “Seattle’s best food lover’s event.” Each week, a different local chef works with FareStart culinary students to prepare a delicious 3-course meal. At just $29.95, it’s certainly one of the city’s best values in gourmet dining.
FareStart is a culinary job training and placement program for homeless and disadvantaged individuals. FareStart transforms lives by empowering men, women, and families to achieve self-sufficiency through life skills, job training, and employment in the food service industry.
People in poverty struggle to escape the cycle they are in and often face additional compounding barriers to getting and keeping a job. FareStart helps people overcome those barriers by teaching them the work and life skills they need to succeed.
Through restaurants, cafes, catering, and programs that provide meals to social services, shelters and schools, the students in FareStart programs get practical work experience while giving back to their community.
FareStart Restaurants and Food Services
FareStart Seattle restaurants and cafes are consistently ranked among the best places to dine in Seattle. High praise from a community of foodies! They have won prestigious awards for decor, quality of cuisine, and impact of their mission. Diners can experience a meal that is both memorable and meaningful.
- Maslow: a new classic American restaurant features small and large plates that stand alone or can be shared, served fresh daily for lunch, happy hour, and dinner. South Lake Union: 380 Boren Ave N.
- Community Table: a bustling lunchtime location offers three fast casual venues – BBQ, Bowls and Salad – with a myriad of flavorful options. South Lake Union: 399 Fairview Ave N.
- Rise: this coffee bar offers a broad variety of beverages beyond espresso and teas, along with pastries, sandwiches and salads for those on the go. South Lake Union: 399 Fairview Ave N.
- PacTower Café: offers espresso drinks and light meals in the Pacific Tower Building. Beacon Hill: 1200 12th Ave S.
- 2100 Café: offers espresso drinks and light meals in the 2100 Building. Rainier Valley: 2100 24th Ave S
- FareStart Restaurant (the flagship location) is open for lunch Monday-Friday from 11am–2pm serving award-winning cuisine. Each Thursday the restaurant hosts Guest Chef Night, where guests enjoy a three-course gourmet meal prepared by a different guest chef from the community. Downtown Seattle: 7th & Virginia.
- Catering & Events: Farestart also offers services for events of any style or size, from boxed lunches to a buffet or sit-down meal.
- Community & School Meals: 365 days a year for homeless shelters, low-income childcare centers, and schools around the Seattle area. Since 1992, FareStart jas prepared more than 9 million meals, each made by our students, from scratch, with the freshest possible ingredients.
Every dollar of profit is reinvested in programs to recruit, train and support our students and apprentices.
There is no greater proof of the power of the FareStart model of transformation than the incredible quality of the cuisine that FareStart students and apprentices create.
FareStart Restaurant Guest Chef Night
Every Thursday is Guest Chef Night, a weekly highlight for the FareStart community. Each week, a different local chef works with students to prepare a delicious three-course meal. For FareStart culinary students, it is a unique opportunity to work with Seattle’s premier chefs. For FareStart diners, it’s a great opportunity to enjoy an excellent meal, find out more about the FareStart organization, or become a volunteer at Guest Chef Night. Community volunteers serve as waitstaff for the dinner guests.
Guest Chef Night is open to the public and reservations are strongly suggested. The three-course Guest Chef Night gourmet dinner is just $29.95. The price does not include tax, beverage or gratuity. Wine, beer, and non-alcoholic beverages are also available for purchase. If you would like a vegetarian option, let them know when you make your reservation.
- For a calendar of upcoming chefs, see the list of upcoming chefs for FareStart Guest Chef night.
- Make your reservation online through Resy.com.
- For last minute reservations, call (206) 267-7601 to check for availability.
All proceeds from the restaurant go back into the program to support FareStart’s job training and placement programs. Since 1992, it has raised more than $5.5 million to support job training, placement, and support for adults who are turning their lives around.
Weekly on Thursday @ 5:30 pm-8:00 pm (starting January 10, 2019)
FareStart Restaurant, 700 Virginia Street, Seattle, WA 98101