Maris Farms in Buckley (about 25 miles southeast of Tacoma) offers some of Pierce County’s best Halloween attractions. What started as a humble and quaint pumpkin patch has sprouted into a full-fledged “agritainment” destination for thousands of Puget Sound area families.
Maris Farms is part of a larger organization known as The MAiZE , which provides support and inspiration to 250 mazes worldwide. Each MAiZE affiliate offers its own form of “agritainment”. The group shares ideas and advice to maintain a successful agri-business.
With more than 30 attractions, live entertainment, a 5-acre corn maze, pumpkins, wacky races, and the Destruction Zone — you will not be able to do everything in one visit! Consider purchasing a Season Pass to visit again during our Fall season.
For thrill seekers, the farm serves guests of all ages: brave their infamous Haunted Woods featuring over 35 sets and 50 actors inhabiting a two-acre cornfield and two-acre forested area or navigate your way through the five-acre corn maze by flashlight–not haunted, but challenging in the DARK and maybe a little scary. Read more about these thrilling attractions:
Maris Farms Haunted Woods (scary)
The Maris Farms Haunted Woods is Pierce County’s longest and scariest outdoor haunt. You’ll wander through sadistic scenes set in 12-foot tall cornstalks and an eerie forest. After twists, turns, and terror in the cornfield, you’ll enter a dark forest where trees will reach to hug you and you’ll encounter dozens of creepy creatures:
- A psycho, drill-happy dentist awaits you.
- A crawling girl climbs out of an old well.
- Beware the barrel-throwing maniac.
- Whatever you do, do not anger the chainsaw-dueling grandparents – they’re not happy you’ve invaded their farm.
- Is someone or something watching you? Can you feel their bloodshot eyes follow your every move as you travel the trail?
The Haunted Woods is not for the faint of heart. The creepy quest will scare you with blood, zombies, violence, gore, loud noises, gunfire, strobe lights, stairs, tight passageways, darkness, smoke, fire and destruction.
Things to know before you go:
- The Haunted Woods takes approximately 30 minutes to go through.
- Not recommended for children under 10, pregnant women, or anyone with heart or health conditions. No refunds.
- Rain or shine. No refunds.
- Regular admission to Maris Farms Haunted Woods is $35. See below for discount tickets.
Flashlight Maze. (Un-haunted.) Flashlight required.
The Maris Farm corn maze opens on select evenings during October for a Flashlight Adventure. This nighttime hike through cornfield trails carved in a maze design is not haunted, but certainly a fun adventure for all ages.
You’ll experience the challenge of solving the maze with few landmarks, except for the characters we’ve provided and clues to help you along. The maze takes people between 30-90 minutes to solve.
Things to know before you go:
- Flashlights are required.
- The night corn maze may be cancelled due to weather conditions. No refunds.
- Regular admission to Maris Farms Flashlight Maze: $16. See below for discount tickets.
Discount tickets to Maris Farms Halloween attractions
Check the Haunted Woods schedule for hours of operation for the Woods and the Flashlight Maze.
Weekend daytime discount tickets: Buy Haunted Woods or Flashlight Maze admission tickets online from August 15 – October 29 using the following discount codes for 10-50% discount tickets. Tickets offered will be date specific and not valid on any other date. No refunds. The earlier you purchase, the better discount offered. Maris Farns discount codes:
- August 16 – Sept 15: 30% off online purchase of WeekEND, Haunted Woods & Flashlight Maze (good for any date). Use discount code Scarecrow30
- Sept 16 – Oct 8: 30% off online purchase of WeekEND, Haunted Woods or Flashlight Maze (date specific). Use discount code Oz30
- Oct 9 – Oct 18: 25% off online purchase of WeekEND, Haunted Woods or Flashlight Maze (date specific). Use discount code Fall25
- Oct 20 – 25: 20% off online purchase of WeekEND, Haunted Woods of Flashlight Maze (date specific). Use discount code Harvest20
Sunday Night Discount: Experience the Haunted Woods or Flashlight Maze on a Sunday Night (October 14, 21, or 28) and get 30% off online purchase using discount code Sundays30.
Military discount tickets: Active and retired military and immediate family can receive 10% off admission with military ID. Available only with onsite purchase.
Senior discount tickets: Seniors (65+) can request a senior discount of 10% off their admission. Available only with onsite purchase.