YouTube is hosting the free virtual film festival “We Are One”, co-curated with over 20 film festivals across the globe, including the Big Five*: Berlin, Cannes, Sundance, Toronto, and Venice. This historic 10-day event airs May 29 to June 7, 2020. The free-to-watch film festival will not include any ads. All funds raised during the festival will benefit COVID-19 relief funds.
Content for “We Are One” will include a wide variety of films and other performing arts, including feature films, shorts, and documentaries, along with music, comedy, and panel discussions.
Subscribe to the festival’s YouTube channel to stay up-to-date with the latest information on the schedules for films, content, and talks. (Find more information About YouTube subscription below.)
The worldwide film festival will feature programming curated by the following film festivals:
- Annecy International Animation Film Festival (France)
- * Berlin International Film Festival (Germany)
- BFI London Film Festival (United Kingdom)
- * Cannes Film Festival (France)
- Guadalajara International Film Festival (Mexico)
- International Film Festival & Awards Macao (IFFAM) (China)
- Jerusalem Film Festival (Israel)
- Mumbai Film Festival (MAMI) (India)
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (Czech Republic)
- Locarno Film Festival (Switzerland)
- Marrakech International Film Festival (Morocco)
- New York Film Festival at Lincoln Center (United States)
- San Sebastian International Film Festival (Spain)
- Sarajevo Film Festival (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- * Sundance Film Festival (United States)
- Sydney Film Festival (Australia)
- Tokyo International Film Festival (Japan)
- * Toronto International Film Festival (Canada)
- Tribeca Film Festival (United States)
- * Venice Film Festival (Italy)
Watch the “We Are One” film festival
Watch “We Are One” films on the festival’s YouTube channel. The festival is free and films are ad-free.
#WeAreOne brings together global artists, storytellers, and film festival curators to provide entertainment to people all over the world for free, at a time when they need it most.
The festival will benefit the World Health Organization (WHO) and local organizations helping the relief efforts for those affected by COVID-19.
Go to the We Are One YouTube channel.
To stay up-to-date with events and schedules, subscribe to the channel. #stayhome #withme
About YouTube Subscription
You can access YouTube content for free without any subscription. However, a free YouTube subscription gets you access to more content and features.
Once you subscribe to a video or channel (which is similar to a TV station or TV series), any new videos published by the channel will show up in your Subscriptions feed (on your YouTube account page). You can also enjoy subscription features such as: Like, Watch Later, and Watch History. In addition, you’ll see a list of recommended channels on your screen. These are based on related channels that you’re not already subscribed to but are similar to content you are enjoying.
Find a Subscribe button under any YouTube video or on a channel’s page. You can easily subscribe and unsubscribe from YouTube content. You can also view a channel’s content before subscribing.
How to subscribe to YouTube content
- If you are already signed in to Google, click the Subscribe button will add the channel or movie.
- If you are not already signed in to Google, it will present the Google Sign in page.
- If you do not have a Google account, you can create one. See more information below About Google Accounts.
For more information about YouTube videos, channels, or subscriptions, paid premium membership, visit YouTube Help: https://support.google.com/youtube/
YouTube Premium paid subscription
Additionally, Google offers a paid YouTube Premium subscription, which includes benefits such as ad-free content, downloads to watch YouTube content offline, and original YouTube content.
We recommend using a free YouTube subscription for several weeks or months to determine whether a paid subscription is useful for you.
A paid YouTube premium membership can be useful if you have no other streaming service for movies, music, or games (such as Netflix, Spotify, or Twitch) AND you will use all of the YouTube Premium features. Otherwise, think twice about signing up for that monthly fee.
If you decide a paid subscription might be worth the cost, we recommend a free YouTube Premium trial before continuing with a paid subscription. Like a lot of “free trials”, you have to give them a payment method up front and then cancel before the free trial period is over. So mark it on your calendar to avoid unwanted fees.
About Google Accounts
A Google Account works across all Google products (like Gmail, Maps, YouTube, and more). If you’ve signed into any Google products before, you already have a Google Account.
If you don’t have a Google Account, you can create a Google Account directly or wait until you use Google products, such as subscribing to content on YouTube (described above).
For more information about signing in or creating accounts on Google, visit Google Help: https://support.google.com/