Here’s our list of where to see free public fireworks show in the Seattle-Tacoma metro area and other cities and communities around the Puget Sound region. At the end of the list of fireworks shows, we offer tips for photographing fireworks. And, if you are planning a private show, we offer links to fireworks laws.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters.
Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists:
2022 Public July 4th fireworks shows & celebrations
Listed below are the largest Fourth of July celebrations and fireworks shows in the Seattle-Tacoma metro area. Scroll down for smaller cities and communities that usually have free public fireworks displays in around the Puget Sound region.
(Listed alphabetically by city)
July 4, 2022 Downtown Bellevue Independence Day & Fireworks Show
Celebrate our nation’s birthday in Bellevue Downtown Park with friends and neighbors at the Eastside’s largest 4th of July event, presented by The Bellevue Collection! Enjoy free live music, children’s activities, food options/food trucks and family entertainment. Amazon Entertainment Plaza will feature country-rock band The Lowdown Drifters at 5:00 p.m. and party pop tunes from The Nines! at 7:00 p.m. The City of Bellevue and Bellevue Downtown Association have co-produced the Bellevue Family 4th for the past 30 years. More info: Bellevue Family 4th Fireworks (bellevuedowntown.com)
- Use alternate transportation: walk, bike, take the bus, or carpool. More info: Choose Your Way Bellevue (chooseyourwaybellevue.org).
- Street parking in nearby residential streets is prohibited; violators may be impounded. More info: Traffic Advisories | City of Bellevue (bellevuewa.gov)
- Free parking is available after 5 p.m. at The Bellevue Collection properties (Bellevue Square, Lincoln Square North, Lincoln Square South and Bellevue Place).
- There is a delivery drop-off area on 100th Ave NE, on the west side of Bellevue Downtown Park.
- Fireworks at approximately 10:05 p.m. from the Downtown area and last for 15-17 minutes. The show is synchronized with a live performance by the Bellevue Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Note: July 4, 2022 Edmonds parade & July 3 fireworks at Lake Ballinger
The Edmonds is hosting 4th of July Parade with a lineup of 90-100 entries, including neighborhood groups, High School graduating classes, and classic car clubs. More info: An Edmonds Kind of 4th – Edmonds Chamber of Commerce.
The fireworks show in Edmonds is cancelled because Civic Field is still under construction. However, the Edmonds Chamber is sponsoring and supporting the fireworks show over Lake Ballinger (more info below).
July 3rd fireworks over Lake Ballinger
The Edmonds Chamber is sponsoring and supporting the fireworks show over Lake Ballinger, produced by the City of Mountlake Terrace. The boat launch and waterfront areas, including the new fishing pier, will be closed. The spectator viewing area will be on the hillside within the park – directly to the south and southeast of the Mickey Corso Community Clubhouse (also known as the Mountlake Terrace Senior/Community Center). There is no onsite parking available, so walking, biking and rideshares are strongly encouraged.The fun will include a DJ and food trucks beginning at 6:00PM. When darkness falls at approximately 10:00 p.m., expect the fireworks display over beautiful Lake Ballinger. More info: July 3 Fireworks Show | Mountlake Terrace, WA (cityofmlt.com)
July 4, 2022 Everett’s iconic Thunder on the Bay fireworks show
Fourth of July Festival 2022 | Everett (visiteverett.com) returns with their 22-minute show set to launch over Port Gardner Bay. Head to Legion Memorial Park for loads of fun and to grab a prime seat for the fireworks. This year there’s live music, adult bevvies, food trucks and kid-friendly entertainment festivities start at 3 p.m. and ends after the fireworks (about 10:30 pm). Here’s a link to a bunch of great places to watch the fireworks: Fireworks Viewing Guide 2022 | Everett Tourism, WA (visiteverett.com). Media partners KXA/KRKO provide a great soundtrack for the fireworks show; listen on KXA FM 101.1 or AM 1520.
Heads up: NO PARKING at Legion Memorial Park on the Fourth of July. Everett Transit will be providing free shuttle service to and from Legion Memorial Park. Pickup at Everett Community College in front of Walt Price Fitness Center. Drop off at the north end of Legion Memorial Park. The shuttle starts running at 3 p.m. and continues until the fireworks are over.
July 4, 2022 Joint Base Lewis-McChord Fireworks Show (DOD ID required)
2022 Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) Fireworks Show. JBLM invites DOD ID card holders to Cowan and Memorial Stadiums. Food trucks will be in the midway starting at 5 p.m. Fireworks at 10:15 p.m. Please park in authorized spaces only. More info: JBLM MWR (armymwr.com)
July 4, 2022 Celebrate Kirkland parades
Celebrate Kirkland is NOT hosting fireworks in 2022. During the day, they will have a kiddie and community parade.
- 11:30 AM. Children’s Parade starts at Lakeshore Plaza and Kirkland Avenue.
- NOON. Community Parade starts at Lakeshore Plaza and Kirkland Avenue.
July 4, 2022 Seattle Seafair Summer Fourth on Lake Union
Seattle Seafair presents Amazon Seafair Summer Fourth. Voted one of the nation’s best fireworks shows by USA TODAY and Business Insider, Summer Fourth takes place in one of the best natural amphitheaters to experience the power and artistry of fireworks. Broadcasted on KONG TV, Summer Fourth features a fully choreographed fireworks presentation accompanied by a musical score and a host of pre-show activities during the day. Summer Fourth offers several free and reserved seating options and multiple vantage points to enjoy the show:
- Lake Union for an overhead view, Gas Works Park for a hilltop view, and Lake Union Park for a darker sky view. Each location offers its own unique experience. Don’t miss this special celebration of our nation’s independence. Gates open @ 3:00 pm. Fireworks @ 10:15 pm.
- Can’t make it out to watch the fireworks live? Make sure you tune in to KONG TV to watch the show, live coverage starts 9:00 pm. More info: 2022 Seafair Summer Fourth
CANCELLED: Tacoma Freedom Fair & Gig Harbor Wings & Wheels Air Show
- Gig Harbor Wings & Wheels Air Show is permanently closed. More info: PRESS-RELEASE-6-13-2022b.pdf (gigharborwingsandwheels.com)
- Tacoma Freedom Fair has no announcement for 2022.
But wait, there’s more! Listed below is a selected list of cities and towns that usually have free public fireworks displays in locations north, south, and west of Seattle.
Other fireworks shows North and East of Seattle
- Monroe (at Evergreen Speedway) (ticketed event $12-$22 per person)
Other fireworks shows South of Seattle
- Auburn at Emerald Downs ($7 admission to racetrack, casino opens 10:00AM, movies on the big screen throughout the day, first race 5:00PM, fireworks 10:00PM)
- Des Moines
- Federal Way
Other fireworks shows on Kitsap Peninsula and beyond
- Bainbridge Island
- Bremerton/Port Orchard (over Sinclair Inlet: view from Port Orchard Marina & Bremerton Marina)
- Pacific Coast Region | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission. Fireworks are illegal on state park lands, including on beaches in front of Washington state parks. Check for park closures and alerts before heading out. Volunteer for a beach cleanup on July 5. More info: News Flash • Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
Ride the Washington State Ferry from Seattle to Bainbridge Island, leaving either terminal at 9:45pm for the 70 minute round-trip. Walk-on round-trip fare is $8.20 (adults 19+); $4.20 (age 6-18). If you take your car, the first adult+car is $28.60. You should have views of Bremerton and Seattle fireworks, as well as other displays up and down Puget Sound.
To help you and your family make a memory of the fireworks, read our tips and tricks for photographing fireworks in Seattle.
Fireworks laws & fire safety
If you think you might want to put together your own fireworks display, be sure to educate yourself on local fireworks laws. In general, cities, towns, and parks forbid the possession or use of fireworks.
Unincorporated areas in counties around Puget Sound also strictly regulate their use, particularly if the weather is dry and burn bans are in effect. Contact your local law or fire agency if in doubt.
Wherever you are in the Puget Sound regions, have a safe and beautiful 4th of July. Let freedom ring.
Calendar of events on Fourth of July
Listed below are all events on our calendar for July 4, 2022…whether you like fireworks OR want to get away!
Monday, July 4, 2022