Here’s our list of where to see free public fireworks in Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, and Kirkland, plus other cities and communities north, south, east, and west of Seattle.
To help you and your family enjoy the day, be sure to read tips and tricks for photographing fireworks in Seattle.
If you think you might want to put together your own fireworks display, be sure to educate yourself on local fireworks laws. In general, cities, towns, and parks forbid the possession or use of fireworks.
Unincorporated areas in counties around Puget Sound strictly regulate their use, particularly if the weather is dry and burn bans are in effect. Contact you local law or fire agency if in doubt.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters.
Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists:
2021 Public July 4th fireworks shows & celebrations
The following cities are hosting fireworks shows in 2021.
July 4, 2021 Fireworks will light up the sky over Downtown Bellevue for Independence Day
Fireworks once again will light up the sky over Downtown Bellevue for Independence Day. The City of Bellevue and the Bellevue Downtown Association have co-produced a fireworks show for 28 years. This year’s show will look different than past Bellevue Family 4th celebrations. The Bellevue 4th of July Fireworks will not include entertainment, live music, or other activities before or after the show. Bellevue Downtown Park will be open as a viewing area for the fireworks. Helpful info:
- Street closures around Bellevue Park will be in place to keep people safe and minimize traffic delays.
- Free parking will be available at The Bellevue Collection garages after 7 p.m. on July 4.
- The fireworks will go off at approximately 10:05 p.m. from the Downtown area and last for 15-17 minutes.
- A livestream of the fireworks will be available for viewing from BellevueDowntown.com/fireworks.
July 4, 2021 Edmonds Fireworks show above Civic Field
Edmonds Fireworks show is happening in the skies above Civic Field at 10:00 PM. Don’t miss this years show, it will be our biggest ever. More info: An Edmonds Kind of 4th – Edmonds Chamber of Commerce
July 4, 2021 Everettʻs iconic Thunder on the Bay fireworks show
Everettʻs iconic Thunder on the Bay fireworks show returns with an all new 22-minute show over Port Gardner Bay. There’s a bunch of great places to watch the fireworks: Fireworks Viewing Guide 2021 | Everett Tourism, WA (visiteverett.com). During the fireworks tune your radio to listen on KXA FM 101.1 or AM 1520 for a great soundtrack. But wait! Thereʻs more:
- Head to Legion Memorial Park for loads of fun and to grab a prime seat for the fireworks. This year there’s live music, adult bevvies, food trucks, and kid-friendly entertainment. More info: https://visiteverett.com/1441/Fourth-of-July-Festival-2021
- Everett Music Initiative’s first in-person concert in over a year is set to happen at Boxcar Park at the Port of Everett. This 21+ concert features bands Nite Wave, Petty Thief and Road Trip. Boxcar Park is as close to the fireworks as you can get. Buy tickets they sell out: https://btt.boldtypetickets.com/events/112046110/rock-the-fourth
- Delta Neighborhood car parade and community picnic in Jackson Park on July 4. The event includes a decorated car parade, live music, food trucks and a community picnic. The event starts at 10 a.m. and goes to 3 p.m. More info: https://m.facebook.com/DeltaNeighborhoodAssociation
July 4, 2021 Joint Base Lewis-McChord Fireworks Show
Joint Base Lewis-McChord Fireworks Show. JBLM invites DOD ID card holders to Cowan and Memorial Stadiums for fireworks starting at 10:15 p.m. Sunday, July 4. Food trucks will be in the midway starting at 7 p.m. Masks are no longer required for fully vaccinated patrons. Please park in authorized spaces only. More info: Homepage for Joint Base Lewis-McChord (army.mil)
July 3-4, 2021 Tacoma Freedom Fair & Gig Harbor Wings & Wheels Air Show
Tacoma Freedom Fair is hosting WINGS & WHEELS with the FREEDOM FAIR AIR SHOW. This first BIG community event after months of lockdown will feature great military and classic planes as in past years. Additional Military Performers scheduled for this year’s event include the Air Force F-35 Lightning II demonstration team and the US Navy Legacy Flight team from Whidbey Island NAS. Drive-in Air Show Tickets are limited, so reserve them early for one of four shows; morning or afternoon on July 3rd or 4th. Discount advance tickets, per vehicle: $100-$150 (at the door: $135-$190). More info: Tickets – Gig Harbor Wings and Wheels
July 4, 2021 Virtual Seattle Seafair fireworks on King 5 TV
Seattle Seafair is NOT hosting an in-person Fourth of July fireworks show. The majority of the Seattle Seafair headline events will be virtual for the second year in a row. Despite the lifting of restrictions, there was not enough time to produce these very large events. More info: Hybrid Seafair Summer 4th 2021
- However, instead of the traditional Fourth of July Fireworks show over Lake Union, Seafair will produce an hour-long TV special featuring past fireworks shows. The show will air on KING 5 at 10 p.m. More info: Seafair’s Fourth of July fireworks in Seattle, hydroplane races to be virtual | king5.com
2021 Cancelled or pending fireworks shows
As a general rule, fireworks, pets, and alcohol are not allowed at most–if not all–4th of July fireworks events. Check the details for each event to find out what you are allowed to bring to each event, but picnic food, blankets, chairs, a flashlight, and patience are the usual recommendations.
Also check if you need cash for any extras, such as food, beer/wine gardens, parking, or any special activities (face painting, etc.).
Seattle Seafair Summer Fourth, 10:20pm, Seattle Gas Works Park (on the north shore of Lake Union) AND South Lake Union Park. Alternate transportation is encouraged. Both locations are FREE to the public and also feature reserved seating available for purchase. Come enjoy a full day of fun with food, entertainment, and a kid zone that culminates in a fantastic fireworks show. Dine at food vendors, peruse exhibit booths, and listen to live entertainment. For those 21+, you can quench your thirst in the beer and beverage gardens. Everyone can participate in All-American Games in Gas Works Park, featuring pie-eating contests, sack races and more.
Cancelled 2021: Seattle Seafair Summer Fourth 2021 is cancelled for another year. (BWhaaaa!) It is scheduled for July 2, 2022.
Celebrate Kirkland, 10:15pm, Marina Park with views from most downtown waterfront parks. The Marina Parking Lot including, Lakeshore Plaza Drive from Central Way to Kirkland Avenue and Kirkland Avenue from Lake Shore Plaza Drive to Lake Street will be closed from 9:30 a.m. until approximately 11:00 p.m. The fireworks barge will be placed off Marina Park in it’s usual location. You will be able to see the display from all of the downtown waterfront parks as well as Heritage Park. Boaters can find viewing information here.
As of June 16, 2021: Celebrate Kirkland states they won’t be having the traditional parade, community picnic, and fireworks, but are working on some extra-special ways to celebrate safely. We’ll check again before July 4th weekend.
But wait, there’s more? Listed below is a selected list of cities and towns that usually have free public fireworks displays in locations north, south, and west of Seattle.
We’ll check these smaller cities mid-June and highlight any that are producing shows.
Other fireworks shows North and East of Seattle
- Monroe (at Evergreen Speedway) (ticketed event $12-$22 per person)
Other fireworks shows South of Seattle
- Auburn at Emerald Downs ($7 admission to race track, casino opens 10:00AM, movies on the big screen throughout the day, first race 5:00PM, fireworks 10:00PM)
- Des Moines
- Federal Way
Other fireworks shows on Kitsap Peninsula
- Bainbridge Island
- Bremerton/Port Orchard (over Sinclair Inlet: view from Port Orchard Marina & Bremerton Marina)
Ride the Washington State Ferry from Seattle to Bainbridge Island, leaving either terminal at 9:45pm for the 70 minute round-trip. Walk-on round-trip fare is $8.20 (adults 19+); $4.20 (age 6-18). If you take your car, the first adult+car is $28.60. You should have views of Bremerton and Seattle fireworks, as well as other displays up and down Puget Sound.
Wherever you are in the Puget Sound regions, have a safe and beautiful 4th of July. Let freedom ring.
Puget Sound region
Bellevue Downtown Park, 10201 NE 4th St, Bellevue 98004
Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Tacoma, WA
Civic Center Playfield, 300 6th N Ave, Edmonds, WA 98020