This list of free music includes everything from classical concerts to folk music sing-alongs with free admission to no cover rock bands at bars and pretty much anything in-between, from country to jazz and soul to alternative. If it’s free, we’ll find it and put it here for you.
Until social distancing guidelines are lifted, we are featuring virtual and streaming events. As the region restarts the economy, we will add live indoor performances, outdoor concerts, any any other permissible live events. For more info on allowable activities, visit our What’s open/closed: update to stay-at-home order.
“No cover” events can realistically cost you around $10*, since it is customary to purchase a beverage or snack and perhaps tip the bartender and the band. But, this is still a very good deal for live music. *$5 for a Rainier Tall boy or Happy Hour well drink or house wine, plus a buck for the bartender and the rest to the band.
- For free virtual events, please be sure to contribute if you are able to any digital tip jars or follow links to purchase music and merchandise from performers.
For more music venues and ticketed events (most $15 or less), visit our big list of live music venues (all genres).
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters.
Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists:
But wait, there’s more!
- Our big list of live music venues (all genres).
- Our big list of music festivals in Washington State.
- Here’s a list of 101+ always free things to do for fun.
- More free and cheap things to do every day: Greater Seattle on the Cheap event calendar.
- Still more ideas for frugal fun: Greater Seattle on the Cheap home page.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters. Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists. Click here to subscribe.
Calendar of live music events
The following calendar list includes upcoming live and live stream music events in all genres. We update music events on a rolling basis all year long. We also try to have several free and low cost live music events on the calendar every weekend.