Here’s our big list of free outdoor summer music concerts in Seattle and cities around the Puget Sound region. If the weather looks iffy or for other potential schedule changes, check their website before you head out. Outdoor entertainment is usually cancelled for rain or thunderstorms.
2022 Seattle outdoor summer concerts
Here are the major summer music concert series and music festivals in the city of Seattle. Find a calendar of upcoming events below.
(Listed roughly north to south in Seattle.)
Ballard Locks weekend summer concerts are presented Saturday and Sunday, June-Labor Day. More info: Hiram M. Chittenden (Ballard) Locks free summer concerts 2022
Downtown Seattle free live, local music is presented by Downtown Seattle Association all summer long, continuing a four-decade tradition of bringing outdoor summer concerts to downtown workers, residents and visitors. With more than 30 scheduled performances featuring rock and hip-hop to R & B and alt-country, there’s a genre for everyone. Find them at Westlake Park, Occidental Square, Harbor Steps and more great spots across downtown, and enjoy some of the best local talent Seattle has to offer. More info: Downtown Summer Sounds 2022 (downtownseattle.org)
Seattle Center Concerts at the Mural. TBA for 2022 last time we checked (7/13/2022). More info: Seattle Center presents Music at the Mural
Columbia City BeatWalk street music festival has been hosted in south Seattle since 1995. The informal event includes bands at multiple venues and on the sidewalks of the historic neighborhood. Hosted by neighborhood businesses, the lineup always features a diverse array of first-rate, local musicians. Usually 2nd Sundays, June-September. But they move the days for inclement weather or occasionally add other events. More info: Columbia City Beatwalk | Facebook
Seattle Chamber Music Society free outdoor concert broadcast. Seattle Chamber Music Society summer concerts “Music Under the Stars” are broadcast into Seattle Parks where audiences enjoy chamber music in a casual, comfortable environment. It’s a perfect time to pack a picnic dinner, bring your friends to the park, and enjoy chamber music in a casual, comfortable environment. Listen to talented local student musicians perform a live 30-minute program followed by a screening of a 2022 Summer Festival concert on the huge outdoor movie screen! All events are FREE and open to all. More info: Music Under the Stars | Seattle Chamber Music Society
Seattle Chamber Music Society free outdoor concert broadcast schedule
- Saturday, July 16 8:30pm. Seattle Chinese Garden
- Thursday, July 21 8:00pm. High Point Commons Park
- Saturday, July 23 8:30pm. Columbia Park
- Thursday, July 28 8:00pm, Freeway Park
- Saturday, July 30 8:00pm. Volunteer Park
2022 outdoor summer concerts outside of Seattle
Here are the major summer music concert series and music festivals in the Puget sound region. Find a calendar of upcoming events below.
(Listed alphabetically by city)
Arlington free Saturday Concerts at Legion Park
Enjoy free outdoor concerts Saturdays, June 25-Sept 10, 2022 at 6PM Arlington at Legion Park (114 N Olympic Ave). More info: Community Events | Arlington, WA (arlingtonwa.gov)
Auburn KIDS SUMMERSTAGE Wednesdays at Les Gove
An exciting children’s outdoor entertainment series that will be LOADS of fun for kiddos and the adults who bring them! Pack up a picnic lunch and enjoy the lunchtime performances in Les Gove Park, which begin at 12 NOON. This entertainment series will be held at the parks shelter beside the Discovery Playground. See schedule below. More info: Calendar – Special Events – City of Auburn (auburnwa.gov)
- July 13 – Reptile Isle – an educational, interactive reptile performance everyone enjoys.
- July 20 – Eric Herman & the Puppy Dogs – super cool tunes for kids!
- July 27 – Brian Vogan and his Good Buddies – incredibly talented musicians, singing songs perfect for kids (and the adults who bring them!)
- August 3 – Ruth and Emilia – a mother-daughter duo with music, wacky characters and positive themes!
- August 10 – Louie Foxx’s One Man Side Show – hilarious magic, mixed with goofy stunts.
- August 17 – Eric Ode – award winning children’s singer/songwriter and local favorite!
Auburn Summer Sounds Thursdays at Les Gove
The perfect summer entertainment series the whole family will enjoy! Pack up a picnic dinner and enjoy the performances, which begin in Les Gove Park at 6:30PM. This entertainment series will be held at the parks shelter beside the Discovery Playground. See schedule below. More info: Calendar – Special Events – City of Auburn (auburnwa.gov)
- Thursday, July 7 | Petty Thief – Tom Petty Tribute
- Thursday, July 14 | Auburn Symphony Orchestra – Pops Playlist
- Thursday, July 21 | Mariachi Mexico – Mariachi Music
- Thursday, July 28 | Buddy, Ritchie, and The Bopper – Honoring the day the Music Died
- Thursday, August 4 | Janice Lives – Janis Joplin Tribute
- Thursday, August 11 | New Age Flamenco – Flamenco Music
- Thursday, August 18 | Ron Stubbs – Rock N Roll Hypnotist
- Thursday, August 25 | Jessica Lynne Witty – Original Country
Bellevue “Beats” weekday lunch summer concerts
Enjoy free outdoor music Tuesday-Thursday in summer during the lunch hour. More info: Bellevue Beats | 2022 Artist Lineup (bellevuedowntown.com)
Edmonds summer concert series at City Park
Summer concerts at City Park on select Sundays June-August at 3PM. More info: Concerts – City of Edmonds, WA (edmondswa.gov)
Everett summer concerts at Port Gardner Landing
Everett Events Foundation is hosting summer concerts at Port Gardner Landing, Thursdays, July 14 – August 18. Free & open to all ages. Event Parking $5. Open 5-9PM: Beer Garden, Food Trucks, & Everett makers market. Music starts at 6:30! More info: Everett Music at the Marina
Lake Forest Park & Shoreline outdoor summer concerts
Shorelake Arts is excited to bring back Summer Concerts in the Park for 2022. Bring a low backed chair, picnic blanket, dinner, and enjoy the show. At different parks on selected Wednesdays, June – August at 630PM. More info: Concerts in the Park | ShoreLake Arts
Redmond Town Center Small Ensemble Concert Series
Enjoy live musical performances Sundays, June-August from 1-3PM near the fountain. More info: Small ensemble summer concert series | Redmond Town Center
Tacoma Point Ruston Summer Concert Series
On the The Grand Plaza at Point Ruston, 5115 Grand Loop, Tacoma, 98407. More info: Events | Point Ruston
- Summer Concert Series – Champagne Sunday. August 20 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Summer Concert Series – Walker Sherman. August 27 @ 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Summer Concert Series – Abigail Neilson. August 27 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Summer Concert Series – Ian Ayers and The Soul Purpose. September 3 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Washington State Parks free outdoor concerts
Open to the public. A Discover Pass is required for parking. Bring lawn chairs or blankets, picnics, warm clothing – and comfortable shoes (for dancing!).
- Saturdays, June 11 – August 27 at Cape Disappointment: Waikiki Beach 2022 Concert Series | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
- Saturdays, July 2-30 at Deception Pass: American Roots 2022 Concert Series | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
- Saturdays, June 25 – August 13 at Lake Wenatchee: Mountain Melodies 2022 Concert Series | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
But wait, there’s more!
We’ve got more free and cheap live music events and venues on our big lists.
Upcoming music events on our calendar
Listed below are music events of all kinds, from no cover gigs to concerts and outdoor festivals in every music genre.
Friday, March 31, 2023
Sunday, April 2, 2023
Friday, April 7, 2023
Friday, April 14, 2023
Friday, April 21, 2023
Friday, April 28, 2023
Saturday, April 29, 2023
Sunday, April 30, 2023
Friday, May 5, 2023
Sunday, May 7, 2023
Friday, May 12, 2023
Friday, May 19, 2023
Friday, May 26, 2023
Carole Cancler says
We’ve updated the list for summer 2019. Most outdoor concerts don’t start until late June. We’ll keep updating this list as we hear of new places and concerts.
Seeko Musico says
Looking for 2019 outdoor summer concerts in the Seattle and surrounding area. Thanks