The 5th Avenue theater offers the following Day-of-Show discount tickets to select performances during the season:
$20 Day-of-Show tickets for students and patrons under 25 years old. You must show a valid ID that verifies your student status or age when you purchase these tickets. 1 ticket per ID.
$20 Day-of-Show tickets for theater arts industry employees. You must show a current business card, valid TPS membership card or current show contract when you purchase these tickets.
$25 See-It-Again tickets for patrons who have already seen the current production. To purchase a See-It-Again ticket for a best-available seat, bring your paid ticket stub to the Box Office on the day of the performance you want to see.
All Day-of-Show and See-It-Again tickets are subject to availability, section limitations and ticket limits.
About 5th Avenue Theater
The 5th Avenue Theatre is one of the nation’s premier incubators for new musical theater. The 5th Avenue Theatre is also known for its world class, critically-acclaimed productions of musicals chosen from both the contemporary canon and the Golden Age of Broadway, as well as the latest touring offerings from New York.
The non-profit 5th Avenue Theatre Association exists to develop, produce and present live musical theater and new works, with an emphasis on producing and utilizing Northwest-based artists and overall for the cultural enrichment of the Northwest community.
Since 2001, the celebrated company has produced 15 new musicals. To date, nine (including the acclaimed hit Disney’s Aladdin) have moved on to Broadway premieres, earning a combined 14 Tony Awards, including two for Best Musical (Hairspray and Memphis).
In addition, they preserve, maintain, and operate the historic and irreplaceable 5th Avenue Theatre.
5th Avenue Theatre actively pursues the highest standards of artistic excellence and service, and endeavors to make its programming accessible and relevant to all audiences. Each season, they program an appealing mix of productions that reflect the broad scope and cultural significance of the American musical (past, present and future), and attract, delight and retain a large and diverse audience.
Upcoming 5th Avenue Theater Shows
Note: Day-of-Show and See-It-Again tickets must be purchased in person at the theater box office on the day of the show. 5th Avenue Theater, 1308 5th Avenue Seattle, WA 98101.
Tickets are offered on a best seats available basis. Limit one ticket per person with valid ID. Cash purchases only.
- Rock of Ages. Feb 1 – Feb 24, 2019. Wonderfully funny, occasionally zany, and riddled with scorching songs, Rock of Ages is an unforgettable ‘80s rock ballad blast that spent six years on Broadway as well as sold out productions around the world. Rock of Ages is the story of a small town girl and a city boy who meet on the Sunset Strip while pursuing their Hollywood dreams. Their rock ‘n’ roll romance is told through the heart-pounding hits of Styx, Whitesnake, Poison, Foreigner, Joan Jett, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister and more.
- Marie, Dancing Still – A New Musical. Mar 22 – Apr 14, 2019. The 5th Avenue Theatre brings you an exquisite new musical based on a famed masterpiece by Edgar Degas and the unknown dancer who inspired it. Part fact, part fiction, and set in the glamorous and dangerous backstage world of the Paris Opera Ballet, this magnificent new musical follows a young woman caught between the conflicting demands of life and art, and an artist with one last chance for greatness. Marie, Dancing Still – A New Musical is a sumptuous masterpiece bound for the world stage; Seattle will have a front row seat at its creation.
- Urinetown – performed at ACT. Apr 6 – May 26, 2019. This hilarious multi-Tony Award® nominee is an outrageous satire set in a fictional future where a terrible 20-year drought has crippled the city’s water supplies. The citizens must now use the public pay-per-use amenities owned and operated by Urine Good Company. Citizens who try to circumvent the peeing-fee by relieving themselves in the bushes risk being taken away to “Urinetown,” a mysterious place where many have been sent but no one ever returns. With fee increases in the pipeline, the poor rise up to fight the tyrannical to make the public amenities free for all to use. Urinetown is a hilarious tale of greed, corruption, love and revolution.
- The Lightning Thief. Apr 23 – Apr 28, 2019. This “winning adaptation” (The Hollywood Reporter) of the best-selling Disney-Hyperion novel by Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical is “electrifying!” (Newsday). The Greek gods are real, and they’re ruining Percy Jackson’s life. As a son of Poseidon, Percy has newly discovered powers he can’t control, monsters on his trail and is on an epic quest to find Zeus’s lightning bolt to prevent a war between the gods. Nominated for three Drama Desk Awards including Best Musical, The Lightning Thief is “mesmerizing” and proves “lightning can strike twice!” (TheaterMania).
- West Side Story. May 31 – Jun 23, 2019. Presented in association with Spectrum Dance Theater Revel in the transcendent majesty of storytelling at its finest. The 5th Avenue Theatre is calling on the full breadth and depth of its artistic resources to stage an unforgettable production of West Side Story. This is musical theater as only The 5th can do it: with a cast of 40 of the finest performers ever to grace our stage, a 25-piece orchestra and the highest levels of talent and artistic dedication bar none. The dancing will bring you to the edge of your seat; the music will resonate deep in your soul; the story will lift you to the heights of passion. Tickets on sale March 25, 2019.