Washington State Fair (formerly the Puyallup Fair) is the largest single attraction held annually in the state of Washington. The Fair continually ranks as one of the largest fairs in the world. Find another state and county fair in Washington State.
Located south of Seattle and east of Tacoma in the shadow of majestic Mount Rainier, the Washington State Fair Events Center comprises over 160 acres. The facilities are available for rent during the year.
The Washington State Fair hosts two annual events, the 20-day Washington State Fair every September, and the four-day Spring Fair in Puyallup every April.
About Washington State Fair
Washington State Fair held every September has been the place for summer family fun for over a century.
The Fair includes Music & Entertainment, Art & Culture, Animals, Kid’s Fun, Food & Drinks, Carnival Rides, headliner Concerts, Rodeo, and a variety of Attractions.
Some of the favorite attractions include Grange Displays, Home Arts cooking & craft demonstrations, farm critter petting area, Northwest Outdoors exhibit, Pioneer Experience & Western Town, urban gardening, and lots more.
2019 Washington State Fair information
Where: Washington State Fair Events Center (about 35 miles south of Seattle), 110 9th Ave SW, Puyallup, WA 98371.
When: August 30 – September 22, 2019. (Closed Tuesdays and Wednesday Sept 4)
Gate Hours: Mon, Wed, Thu: 10:30 am – 9:30 pm. Fri: 10:30 am – 10:30 pm. Sat: 9:30 am – 10:30 pm. Sun: 9:30 am – 9:30 pm.
Regular admission: General (ages 13 – 61) – $14. Child (ages 6 – 12) or Seniors (ages 62+) – $11. Free gate admission for Children 5 & under. Free gate admission for an attendant assisting a disabled guest. Read below for ways to get discount tickets.
Parking: Monday – Friday: $10. Saturday & Sunday: $15. ENTRANCE GATES: Gold, Blue, Red, & Green.
Discount tickets for Washington State Fair in Puyallup
Get FREE gate admission on special days:
- Friday, Aug. 30, 10:30am – 12:30pm – with a suggested non-perishable food donation for the Puyallup Food Bank
- Friday, Aug. 30 – Monday, Sept. 2 – BECU Free Kids Labor Day Weekend- All kids ages 18 & under will receive FREE gate admission.
- Friday, Sept. 6, 10:30am – Noon – with a suggested school supply donation for Communities in Schools.
Get FREE gate admission with contest entry:
- Sept. 15 – Free gate admission at Gold Gate in the Agriculture/Horticulture vegetable critter or carved pumpkin contest with online entry receipt AND vegetable critter or carved pumpkin.
- Rodeo tickets (Sept 5-8, 2019): $15 – $40 (matinee is cheapest ticket).
- Concert tickets (Aug. 30 – Sept. 22, 2019): $25-$125 (price varies by artist).
SAVE on gate admission tickets in one of the following ways. Subject to availability. Online orders are subject to standard processing fees. Print your tickets at home or get them on your phone to minimize fees. For more info, visit: http://www.thefair.com/deals
- Buy at select Safeway and Albertsons stores, while supplies last.
- Buy online and print at home or get them on your phone.
- Buy 25 tickets or more.
- Ride + admission Bundle, save 45%. Just $31.95 – a $58 value. Includes two gate admissions and six rides. Available exclusively online, only through Thu, August 29.
- Ride + admission + food Value Pack, save 50%. Just $38.95 – a $78 value. Available at Puget Sound area Fred Meyer locations July 29 – August 30, while supplies last.
- Saturday, Sept. 14 or 21. Sounder Train Express Pack and save up to 20%. Skip the traffic and parking fees – ride the Sounder train to the Washington State Fair on select days. Includes round-trip fare, gate admission, and an exclusive Sounder Train entrance gate (near the Red Gate).
- Mondays, Gate admission is FREE to all active, reserve, and retired military and National Guard and their dependents, plus disabled veterans, when each shows valid military ID at any Fair gate.
For FREE things to do at The Fair, visit: http://www.thefair.com/fun/free-things.
Puyallup, WA 98371