The annual Skagit Valley Tulip Festival is one of THE destination events for the Pacific Northwest. Each year, the festival welcomes people from across the United States and from around the world, including all 50 states and 85+ foreign countries! For over three decades, every spring hundreds of thousands of people come to enjoy the celebration of spring as millions of tulips burst into bloom in the farm fields north of Seattle. The Skagit Valley tulip festival runs April 1-30.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters.
Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists:
About the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival
In 1984, the Tulip Festival began as a 2-day event and eventually grew to include the entire month of April. Making the festival a month long helped to ensure that the huge fields of tulips (well over 300 acres) in the Skagit Valley would bloom sometime during the festival. Ultimately, Mother Nature controls the bloom calendar! Today the festival boasts an amazing assortment of fields, gardens, tours & experiences, and related events throughout the Skagit Valley. Signature events include:
- Tulip Festival Street Fair. April 21-23, 2023. Friday-Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 10am-5p. Free admission. The 38th annual Tulip Festival Street Fair invites you to historic Downtown Mount Vernon along South First Street, between W Division and Snoqualmie. Enjoy 140+ artisan vendors, entertainers, food trucks, and children’s activities. Find handmade items: wearable art, jewelry, handcrafted furniture, art and sculpture for your home and garden – many of one-of-a-kind treasures! Food Trucks with delicious fare are located throughout the Fair. Map and parking: Tulip Festival Street Fair Map & Parking (PDF).
- Kiwanis Club of Mount Vernon | Tulip Festival BBQ. Friday-Sunday only, April 1-30, 2023 from 11am-7pm. Tickets: $20/3-ounce plate or $23/5-ounce plate. For over 65 years, this event has helped support the Kiwanis’ mission of helping children. It’s a full meal with Wild Salmon barbecued over Alder and baked potato, slaw, garlic bread, and ice cream that you can enjoy in the heated indoor lodge. The club’s barbecue motto is, “It’s not about the fish, it’s about the kids.” Proceeds help kids, locally and internationally through agencies as Boys & Girls Club, Mount Vernon Parks Department, Friendship House, and Community Action. Projects include buying car seats for families, helping kids through Secret Harbor, awarding students with scholarships, and more. Visa and Mastercard accepted. More info: Kiwanis Club of Mount Vernon WA (mvkiwanisclub.org) and Salmon Barbeque Facts (mvkiwanisclub.org)
How to enjoy the Tulip Festival
The festival is designed as a driving tour. There is no one “site” to visit and fields of tulips are scattered throughout the Skagit Valley. You can enjoy the Tulip Festival as a short driving tour, a day-long getaway, or stay overnight in the area and enjoy many of the other activities, events, and local food. As with all things governed by Mother Nature, the tulips bloom according to their own schedule at sometime during the festival. Further, due to crop rotation, the fields are in different locations each year. You can download a Map & Brochure from the Tulip Festival website or pick up a printed copy at any of the Official Tulip Festival information locations listed below.
Admission prices for the different tulip fields is set by that specific grower (not by the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival Organization). While past years everyone enjoyed free access to the fields, farming is affected by rising costs like every other industry. Growers adjust their Tulip Festival admission prices so they can continue to operate. Read more about each Skagit Valley Tulip Fields/Grower below. There are many other Tulip Festival activities that are free, including art shows, the street fair, parade, and more.
Official Tulip Festival information locations
(Listed north to south)
- Burlington: Skagit’s Own Fish Market (I-5 Exit 230), 18042 SR 20, Burlington, WA 98233
- Mount Vernon: Tulip Festival Office, 311 W Kincaid St., Mount Vernon, WA 98273
- Mount Vernon: Fir-Conway Lutheran Church (I-5 Exit 221), 18101 Fir Island Rd, Mount Vernon, WA 98273
- Mount Vernon: Conway Foods (I-5 Exit 221/East 534), 19193 SR 534, Mount Vernon, WA 98274
- Conway: Conway Foods (I-5 Exit 221/West 534), 18707 Main St, Conway, WA 98273
2023 Skagit Valley Tulip Fields/Growers
There are several different tulip growers who open their flower fields for the Tulip Festival. Each is independently owned and operated, so visiting each one is a unique experience. Listed below is a short description of each grower and a link to their website for more information or tickets. Ticket page for 2023 Skagit Valley Tulip Festival at four garden venues (tulipfestival.org).
Garden Rosalyn plants the displays at its site on Jungquist Rd. Their gardeners design, plant tulip bulbs by hand, and care for the gardens throughout the growing season. The lake is visited by a resident duck flock adding a splash of nature to the farms scenery. They have a new windmill that makes a wonderful backdrop for your photos. Also enjoy their gift shop and a food truck.
- Where: Garden Rosalyn, 16648 Jungquist Rd., Mount Vernon, WA 98273.
- When: April 1 – May 10, 2023. Daily 8am – 7 pm.
- Admission: $17 per person. Free admission for kids under 2 years old. Tickets available online or at the gate. Ticket info: 2023 Tulip Festival at Garden Rosalyn Tickets | Eventbrite
More info: Garden Rosalyn (gardenrosalyn.com)
Washington Bulb Company, Inc./RoozenGaarde plants the fields and the garden RoozenGaarde. A world renown destination with over 50 acres of blooming flower fields, plus a 5-acre display garden. The display garden is annually redesigned, and hand planted with over 200 varieties – an absolutely astounding showcase of color, beauty and blooms. RoozenGaarde is a year-round garden that you can visit throughout the year. The other tulip fields/venues are only open during the month of April.
- Where: RoozenGaarde, 15867 Beaver Marsh Rd., Mount Vernon, WA 98273.
- When: April 1-30. Weekdays 9am – 7pm, Weekends 8am – 7pm.
- Admission: $15 per person. Children 2 and under are free. Ticket info: RoozenGaarde Tulip Festival Tickets (ticketspice.com)
- Note: No pets. No drones.
- FREE parking.
More info: RoozenGaarde Flowers Bulbs (tulips.com)
Tulip Town is a 30-acre farm with over five acres of dazzling color and fifty varieties of tulips! General Admission tickets include parking, entry, and a trolley ride (weather dependent). Enjoy the outdoor garden, indoor tulip display & barn experience, shop in their boutique, buy flowers and plants, purchase food & drinks from Skagit Landing Café, and the beer & wine garden.
- Where: Tulip Town, 15002 Bradshaw Rd, Mount Vernon, WA 98273.
- When: April 1-30. Weekday/Monday – Thursday: 10am – 6pm. Weekends/Friday – Sunday: 9am – 7pm.
- Admission (online price): $15 (age 12+), $13 Senior/Military, $7 (ages 6-11), Kids 5 and under are free. Note: Gate prices (if available) are higher. A variety of passes and experiences are also available. Ticket info: 2023 Tulip Town tickets (regfox.com)
More info: Tulip Town (tuliptown.com)
Tulip Valley Farms (new for 2023)
Tulip Valley Farms has two venues (farm and gardens) and offer a variety of experiences for your springtime visit including u-pick, nighttime bloom, family pass, drone pass, and more.
- Where: Tulip Valley Farms, 15245 Bradshaw Rd., Mount Vernon, WA 98273.
- When: April 1-30. Dates & times vary for each ticket type.
- Admission: $12 GA/garden. $15 GA/farm. Pooch pass $5. Other experiences $20-$599. Note: Gate prices (if available) are higher. Ticket info: Tulip Valley Farms 2023 tickets (ticketspice.com)
More info: Tulip Valley (tulipvalley.com)
But wait, there’s more!
- Before you go, check our Skagit Valley trip planner
- Our list of Home & Garden shows in the Puget Sound region.
- And here’s a list of 101+ always free things to do for fun.
- Find more free and cheap things to do every day: Greater Seattle on the Cheap event calendar.
- Still more ideas for frugal fun: Greater Seattle on the Cheap home page.
Calendar of garden events
Listed below are upcoming flower festivals on our event calendar.