Seafair Weekend 2019 is the culmination of Seattle’s summer festival. It’s an exhilarating rite of summer, complete with thundering hydroplane boats on the water and an air show overhead.
One of Seattle’s favorite traditions at Genesee Park in south Seattle on Lake Washington, the day features the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, hydroplane race competitions, and pro wake boarders performing incredible stunts.
Mix in food vendors, beer gardens, live music, and activities for the whole family, and you have one spectacular weekend.
2019 Seafair Weekend Information
Dates: Friday, August 2 – Sunday, August 4, 2019
Location: Main Gate, 4326 South Genesee Street, Seattle, WA 98118.
Time: Friday 8:00 a.m.- 5:20 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m.- 4:40 p.m., Sun 9:0 a.m.-4:20 p.m.
Be sure to get the Seafair App, available in Google Play or Apple iTunes. The Seafair App features up to the minute event information, customizable digital schedules, festival maps, food & drink information and specials, social media integration, and more.
Seafair Weekend regular ticket prices
General Admission gets you into the fair; bring a blanket, chairs, etc. to sit along the grassy (hard, bumpy) shoreline.
If you want to sit in the bleachers, you need to purchase Grand Stand seating or Captain’s Club tickets.
Pit passes are extra–this gets you up close and personal to the hydroplanes and their crew.
The following list includes regular admission prices, discounts are listed below. The earlier you buy, the more you can save on tickets.
- General Admission, single day (Friday-Sunday): $40 per person (ages 13-64). Seniors (62+)/Youth (6-12): $10. Children 5 and younger are free.
- Grand Stand seating, single day (Saturday-Sunday): $60, located directly on Lake Washington with prime views of the Albert Lee Appliance Cup and the Boeing Seafair Airshow. Grandstands are limited capacity, first-come, first-served seating.
- Captain’s Club, single day (Saturday-Sunday): $150. Enjoy complimentary food and non-alcoholic beverages in a private space with the best views of the start/finish line for the Albert Lee Appliance Cup. Ticket reserves a single seat at the front of the club with shared hospitality space at the back of the club, and includes Pit access.
- Pit pass, single day (Friday-Sunday): $10: This is worth the 10 bucks. Get up close to the racing action and the boats and drivers that make it happen with access to the Hydroplane Race Pit area. Ticket is valid for single day entry to the Pits area during normal race operations. Ticket is not valid for entry to Genesee Park and Seafair Weekend Festival.
Seafair Weekend Discount Tickets
There are several ways to save on tickets to Seafair Weekend.
- General Admission early purchase discount, single day (Friday-Sunday) discount ticket for early advance purchase online until June 21, 12:00AM: $25 (save $15).
- General Admission advance purchase discount, single day (Friday-Sunday) discount ticket advance purchase online from June 21, 12:00AM until opening day: $30 (save $10).
- Bike rider 1/2 price general admission: Anyone riding their bike to the Saturday or Sunday of Seafair Weekend Festival can use the North Gate entry to gain access to a free and secure bicycle pavilion. Seafair will provide anyone riding and storing their bike in the pavilion with a 1/2 price general admission ticket to the event (normally $40.00 at the gate), and a free bottle of water.
- Grandstand Seating Friday discount ticket advance purchase online until opening day: $30 (save $30).
- Captain’s Club Friday discount ticket advance purchase online until opening day: $125 (save $25).
- Festival Championship 3-Day Admission: $75. (Saves $30-$55.) Enjoy the entire weekend of heart-pounding non-stop action and entertainment at the Seafair Weekend Festival. Ticket is valid for one entry each on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and includes full pit access each day.
- Military Discount. Active duty, reserve, & retired military may enter Seafair Weekend Festival for free by presenting their Military ID badge at the special Boeing & Military entry gate at Genesee Park. Active duty, reserve, & retired military may also purchase additional reduced price general admission tickets at the gate for $20 per ticket, per day.
- More info or tickets: https://www.etix.com/ticket/v/10942
Seafair Volunteer Opportunities
Seafair’s volunteer opportunities are endless, whether you want to volunteer for a few hours one day or for a whole weekend on the water with a front row seat to the Blue Angels. There are also group volunteer opportunities and leadership training.
It’s a memorable way to earn community service hours or become a leader in your community or simply join the behind the scenes fun and meet lots of people.
Seafair uses Shiftboard, an online scheduling software, for all volunteer registration, scheduling and messaging. In order to volunteer, first you must create a free account and register. It takes Seafair 48 hours to process your registration before you can then sign up for available jobs and shifts.
Find out more about volunteering at Seafair, visit: https://www.seafair.com/p/getinvolved/275
Seafair Parking and Transportation Information
Parking and transportation options to Seafair at Genesee Park in south Seattle:
Park at Seafair (not recommended). Traffic is very congested and slow in the neighborhoods surrounding the Seafair Weekend site. So, it’s generally recommended to avoid parking at the Seafair site because available parking is expensive, very limited, sells out early, and you’ll spend considerable time waiting in traffic as you approach the area. However, if you wish, it is $40 each day (Friday-Sunday) to park in the official Seafair parking lot. The Seafair Parking lot is located South of S. Genesee St. and is accessed from 42nd Ave. S. Limited paid ADA parking is available on-site on a first come, first served basis. A state-issued, accessible placard is required for access. Purchase parking in advance here: http://www.etix.com/ticket/v/10942.
There are several other transportation options, summarized below. Some of these may cost about the same as on-site parking. But you will spend more time at Seafair and less time sitting in traffic.
Link Light Rail + Metro Bus #50. In Seattle, park at any convenient Sound Transit Link Light Rail station (parking prices vary) and take Light Rail to Columbia City station. Adult fare is $4.50-$6.50 round trip, depending on distance traveled. Pay with ORCA card or use ticket machines at each station. In north Seattle, you can park at University of Washington E12 & E19 lots, just south of Husky Stadium ($0-$15). In south Seattle, park at the Sea-Tac Airport Garage ($4/hr; $30/day). Trains leave every ten minutes during Seafair event hours. Take Metro Bus #50 from Columbia City Station to the Seafair entrance (about 1 mile).
Metro Bus Route 50 will be operating a standard schedule with stops at Genesee Park & Columbia City Station. Use the Sound Transit trip planner to figure out your route. An ORCA card is advise to facilitate transfer from Light Rail to Bus: http://www.soundtransit.org/Trip-Planner.
Bicycles: Anyone riding their bike to the Saturday or Sunday of Seafair Weekend Festival can use the North Gate entry to gain access to a free and secure bicycle pavilion. Seafair will provide anyone riding and storing their bike in the pavilion with a 1/2 price general admission ticket to the event (normally $40.00 at the gate), and a free bottle of water.
More details for any of these Seafair transportation options are available on the Seafair Parking & Transportation page.
Seattle, WA 98118