Seattle Repertory Theatre (often called Seattle Rep or simply The Rep) has a discount ticket for you no matter what small your budget may be. The Rep believes that theatre should be affordable for everyone. The list below gives you an overview of how to get discount tickets to Seattle Rep.
About Seattle Rep
Seattle Repertory Theatre, “The Rep”, is Seattle’s First Professional Theatre. Buoyed by the cultural success of the 1962 World’s Fair, a handful of community leaders—with philanthropist Bagley Wright at the helm—envisioned for Seattle a professional theatre company to rival the best in New York. Founded in 1963 to realize that vision, the Playhouse at Seattle Center served as the first home for the fledgling repertory company.
In the 1980s, The Rep joined with the City of Seattle to build the new Bagley Wright Theatre. The theater company became an artistic home to a group of American playwrights, including Wendy Wasserstein, Bill Irwin, Kevin Kling, Tim Blake Nelson, and August Wilson.
In the 1990s, Seattle and The Rep made it big on the national scene when they were awarded the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre. As a result, many of their plays moved from Seattle to Broadway.
As they look forward to the next 50 years, The Rep embraces and puts forward the next generation of theatre artists in the Northwest. Everyone is welcome.
For over 50 years, Seattle Repertory Theatre has created productions and programs that surprise, entertain, challenge and uplift our community through a shared act of imagination. Seattle Rep is a vital source for creative thought and conversation, a place where the audience brings to life the stories they tell.
More info: Seattle Rep
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters.
Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists:
How to get discount tickets at Seattle Rep
- Season subscription. Subscriptions are available with any of several options and save you up to 50% on regularly priced tickets. It’s a great way to lock in your entertainment decisions for a whole year. The Seattle Repertory Theatre regular season runs September – June. More details are on the Seattle Rep Subscription page.
- PWYC Performances. Select “Pay What You Can” performances are offered each season. Purchase PWYC discount tickets by phone where the minimum is $5 each or buy in person at the Seattle Rep Patron Services Office window for a minimum of $1 each by cash.
- TodayTix discount tickets. Anyone can get discount tickets for select performances by visiting the TodayTix website (or download their app).
- Ages 13-19? TeenTix lets you see Seattle Rep shows for just $5. TeenTix tickets must be purchased on the day of the show in person or by phone 206.443.2222. Membership is free and also gets you into MoPOP, PNB, SIFF, and many more. Check out the TeenTix website.
- Rush Tickets. One-hour before each performance, all available tickets are half price. You must purchase tickets in person.
- Industry members can get complimentary standing room and $15 tickets. Members of Theatre Puget Sound (TPS), AEA, IATSE, SAG, SDC, and Dramatists Guild of America members can present their membership card at the Box Office 15 minutes before curtain to receive one free ticket for any unoccupied seat in the house. In addition, $15 tickets are available to those employed in the arts and culture sectors: available day-of show, starting at noon by calling the Patron Services Office (206.443.2222).
- Student? Student tickets are $18 for current students with valid ID. Present ID when picking up tickets.
- Military Discount of 50% to active duty and veteran military personnel, their immediate families, and Blue Star Families. Must present ID when picking up tickets. Use promo code MILITARY or BLUESTAR online.
- 65 and older? Great discounts are available for B and C level seats during regular production runs. Contact the Patron Services Office (206.443.2222) for details.
- AAA members save 10% on tickets by calling the Patron Services Office (206.443.2222) and purchasing by phone.
More info: Ticket Info & Discounts | Seattle Rep
Seattle Rep 2022/2023 season
The regular season typically runs September through May. Subscribers get the best seats at the best price, plus benefits and perks, including Discounts on additional tickets, Discount Drinks & Dining Card, Free Ticket Exchanges, and more. Choose from packages with 4, 5, or 8 plays beginning at $95. List of plays:
- WHERE WE BELONG. SEPTEMBER 8 – OCTOBER 9, 2022
- WHAT THE CONSTITUTION MEANS TO ME. SEPTEMBER 30 – OCTOBER 23, 2022
- MR. DICKENS AND HIS CAROL. NOVEMBER 25 – DECEMBER 23, 2022
- I AM NOT YOUR PERFECT MEXICAN DAUGHTER. JANUARY 13 – FEBRUARY 5, 2023
- METAMORPHOSES. JANUARY 27 – FEBRUARY 26, 2023
- BETWEEN TWO KNEES. MARCH 3 – 26, 2023
- IS THIS A ROOM. APRIL 21 – MAY 14, 2023
- LYDIA AND THE TROLL. MAY 5 – JUNE 4, 2023
More info: 2022/23 Season | Seattle Rep
Calendar of live performances
Listed below are the free, cheap, and discount live performances on our calendar at venues across the Puget Sound region. These include stage plays, standup comedy, variety shows, and more.
But wait, there’s more!
- For more arts & entertainment, check our Performing & Visual Arts page.
- For more things to do, check our Entertainment page, weekend things to do, or our complete event calendar.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters. Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists. Click here to subscribe.