Seafair Weekend is the culmination of Seattle’s summer festival. One of Seattle’s favorite traditions at Genesee Park in south Seattle on Lake Washington. It’s an exhilarating rite of summer like nowhere else in the country.
The 3-day festival features the U.S. Navy Blue Angels highlighting the Boeing Air Show hydroplane race competitions, and pro wake boarders performing incredible stunts. Mix in food vendors, beer gardens, live music, and activities for the whole family, and you have one spectacular weekend.
2022 Seafair Weekend Information
Dates: Friday, August 5 – Sunday, August 7, 2022
Location: Main Gate, 4326 South Genesee Street, Seattle, WA 98118.
Time: 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Be sure to get the Seafair App, available in Google Play or Apple iTunes. The Seafair App features up to the minute event information, customizable digital schedules, festival maps, food & drink information and specials, social media integration, and more.
Seafair Weekend regular ticket prices
General Admission gets you into the fair; bring a blanket, chairs, etc. to sit along the grassy (hard, bumpy) shoreline. If you want to sit in the bleachers, you need to purchase Grand Stand seating or Captain’s Club tickets.
Pit passes are extra–this gets you up close and personal to the hydroplanes and their crew.
The following list includes regular admission prices. Discount Seafair ticket deals are listed below.
- General Admission Friday: GA is FREE courtesy of Quil Ceda Creek Casino.
- General Admission: (Saturday-Sunday): one-day Adult (age 13-61) $35.
- 3-day pass: (Friday-Sunday). Includes Pit Pass. Adult (age 13-61): $60. Seniors (62+)/Youth (6-12): one-day $10, 3-day $20. Children 5 and younger are free.
- Grand Stand seating: Friday $30. Saturday OR Sunday $60. Bleacher seat (first-come, first-served) with prime view of the hydroplane races and airshow.
- Captain’s Club, includes reserved bleacher seat and Pit Pass. One-day $150, 3-day pass $450. Enjoy complimentary food and non-alcoholic beverages in a private space with the best views of the start/finish line for the hydroplane races.
- Pit pass (Friday-Sunday): $10/per day. Not included with general admission or grand stand ticket. This is worth the 10 bucks. Get up close to the racing action and the boats and drivers that make it happen. Pit Pass is valid for single day entry to the Pits area during normal race operations.
Seafair Weekend Discount Tickets
Here are the ways to save on admission to Seafair Weekend.
- Advance purchase: buy tickets online in advance, prices at the gate are higher.
- General Admission Friday: GA is FREE courtesy of Quil Ceda Creek Casino. So, you can attend two days for $35 by purchasing a general admission ticket for Saturday or Sunday, as well as attend for free on Friday.
- Bike to Seafair and get ½ price tickets. Anyone riding their bike to the Saturday or Sunday of Seafair Weekend Festival (Aug. 4 & 5) can use the North Gate entry to gain access to a free and secure bicycle pavilion. Seafair will provide anyone riding and storing their bike in the pavilion with a 1/2 price general admission ticket to the event ($35 advance, $40 at the gate), and a free bottle of water!
- Military get in FREE. Active duty, reserve, & retired military may enter Seafair Weekend Festival for free by presenting their Military ID badge at the main entry gate at Genesee Park. Active duty, reserve, & retired military may also purchase additional reduced price general admission tickets at the gate for $20 per ticket, per day.
More info: Seafair Weekend Festival 2022
Seafair Volunteer Opportunities
Seafair’s volunteer opportunities are endless, whether you want to volunteer for a few hours one day or for a whole weekend on the water with a front row seat to the Blue Angels. There are also group volunteer opportunities and leadership training.
It’s a memorable way to earn community service hours or become a leader in your community or simply join the behind the scenes fun and meet lots of people.
Seafair uses Shiftboard, an online scheduling software, for all volunteer registration, scheduling and messaging. In order to volunteer, first you must create a free account and register. It takes Seafair 48 hours to process your registration before you can then sign up for available jobs and shifts.
Find out more about volunteering at Seafair, visit: Volunteer at Seafair(seafair.org)
Seafair Parking and Transportation Information
Parking and transportation options to Seafair at Genesee Park in south Seattle:
Park at Seafair (not recommended). Traffic is very congested and slow in the neighborhoods surrounding the Seafair Weekend site. So, it’s generally recommended to avoid parking at the Seafair site because it is expensive, very limited, sells out early, and you’ll spend considerable time waiting in traffic to get to and from the site. However, if you wish, it is $40 each day (Friday-Sunday) to park in the official Seafair parking lot. The Seafair Parking lot is located South of S. Genesee St. and is accessed from 42nd Ave. S. Limited paid ADA parking is available on-site on a first come, first served basis. A state-issued, accessible placard is required for access. Purchase parking in advance here: Seafair tickets (seafair.org)
There are several other transportation options, summarized below. Some of these may cost about the same as on-site parking. But you will spend more time at Seafair and less time sitting in traffic.
Link Light Rail + Metro Bus #50. In Seattle, park at any convenient Sound Transit Link Light Rail station (parking prices vary) and take Light Rail to Columbia City station. Round-trip adult (19-64) fare is $4.50-$6.50 round trip, depending on distance traveled. Pay with ORCA card or use ticket machines at each station. In north Seattle, you can park at University of Washington E12 & E19 lots, just south of Husky Stadium ($0-$15). In south Seattle, park at the Sea-Tac Airport Garage ($4/hr; $30/day). Trains leave every ten minutes during Seafair event hours. Take Metro Bus #50 from Columbia City Station to the Seafair entrance (about 1 mile, so you can also walk it).
Metro Bus Route 50 will be operating a standard schedule with stops at Genesee Park & Columbia City Station. Use the Sound Transit trip planner to figure out your route. An ORCA card is advise to facilitate transfer from Light Rail to Bus: http://www.soundtransit.org/Trip-Planner.
Bicycles: Bike to Seafair and get ½ price tickets. Anyone riding their bike to the Saturday or Sunday of Seafair Weekend Festival (Aug. 4 & 5) can use the North Gate entry to gain access to a free and secure bicycle pavilion. Seafair will provide anyone riding and storing their bike in the pavilion with a 1/2 price general admission ticket to the event ($35 advance, $40 at the gate), and a free bottle of water!
More details for any of these Seafair transportation options are available on the Seafair Festival Parking & Transportation (seafair.org)
But wait! There’s more…
- Seattle Seafair history: 1950 to present day
- Seafair signature events and community festivals
- Seafair Torchlight Parade in Seattle
- Where to see the Blue Angels for free Seafair Weekend
- Find more Cultural heritage festivals in the Puget Sound region.
- More festivals of all kinds on our big list of annual festivals, fairs, and parades.
- More free and cheap things to do every day: Greater Seattle on the Cheap event calendar.
- Still more ideas for frugal fun: Greater Seattle on the Cheap home page.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters. Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists. Click here to subscribe.
Upcoming Seafair Events in the Puget Sound region
(If nothing is listed below, there are no upcoming Seafair Events in our calendar. We usually update our calendar beginning in April or May. Most Seafair events occur June-August with a few promotional and fundraising events at other times of the year.)