Discover the beauty, serenity and solitude of a snowshoe hike this winter in the heart of Snoqualmie Pass. With easy access off I-90, REI’s Snoqualmie Rentals Outpost rents kids and adult snowshoes by the hour, Friday–Sunday starting late November. Reserve in advance or walk-in based on availability. Then head out to enjoy the network of trails at the outpost. It’s a simple, affordable, and safe way to enjoy time outside—all within an hour of downtown Seattle.
Dates for 2022-2023 REI Outpost snowshoeing season at Snoqualmie Pass are estimated to be weekends from November 26, 2022 through April 23, 2023.
Tips for enjoying REI Outpost this winter
- REI Outpost trails require a Sno-Park Permit for parking. Purchase online, at REI stores throughout the Puget Sound, or at Hyak Sno-Park (snowrec.org) near REI Outpost.
- Before you head out: Visit the Dept of Transportation’s Snoqualmie Pass page for current road conditions, road closure updates, weather forecasts and winter driving tips. For up-to-date avalanche forecasts, the Northwest Avalanche Center is a great resource.
- If the Sno Park is full, the road to the REI outpost might be closed. Just let the on-site park ranger know you’re picking up snowshoes from REI and they’ll let you through.
- Tours are available beginning at $79. More info: Snowsports Classes & Events near Snoqualmie Pass, WA | REI Classes & Events
- More info: REI Snoqualmie Snowshoe Rentals Outpost | REI Classes & Events