Discover the beauty, serenity and solitude of a snowshoe hike this winter in the heart of Snoqualmie Pass. With easy access off I-90, REI’s Snoqualmie Rentals Outpost rents kids and adult snowshoes by the hour, Friday–Sunday starting late November. Reserve in advance or walk-in based on availability. Then head out to enjoy the network of trails at the outpost. It’s a simple, affordable, and safe way to enjoy time outside—all within an hour of downtown Seattle.
Dates for 2022-2023 REI Outpost snowshoeing season at Snoqualmie Pass are estimated to be weekends from November 26, 2022 through April 23, 2023.
Open daily except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Tips for enjoying REI Outpost this winter
- REI Outpost trails require a Sno-Park Permit for parking. Purchase online, at REI stores throughout the Puget Sound, or at Hyak Sno-Park (snowrec.org) near REI Outpost.
- Before you head out: Visit the Dept of Transportation’s Snoqualmie Pass page for current road conditions, road closure updates, weather forecasts and winter driving tips. For up-to-date avalanche forecasts, the Northwest Avalanche Center is a great resource.
- If the Sno Park is full, the road to the REI outpost might be closed. Just let the on-site park ranger know you’re picking up snowshoes from REI and they’ll let you through.
- Tours are available beginning at $79. More info: Snowsports Classes & Events near Snoqualmie Pass, WA | REI Classes & Events
- More info: REI Snoqualmie Snowshoe Rentals Outpost | REI Classes & Events