Join the annual Washington State Biz Fair — for both new and existing small business owners. Biz Fair is the longest running all-government and non-profit-run small business fair in our state.
The purpose of the fair is to provide a wide spectrum of information, in a non-sales environment, that small business owners need. The no-sales policy sets the tone for the fair to be about business education and free resources.
Attendees find the Biz Fair is a rich source of planning information, growth ideas, tips, pitfalls to avoid, and skill building. It’s a chance to increase your knowledge and sharpen your skills by learning from savvy business experts who share their expertise and real-life experiences in a no-sales environment. Walk away with more knowledge to help you start or positively grow your business.
At Biz Fair, you can learn from the experts about how to start, grow, or build resiliency for your small business.
Best of all, Biz Fair is free of charge.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters.
Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists:
Just as small businesses are facing unique challenges in navigating a new and evolving “normal”, this year’s Biz Fair will be all-virtual format.
Attendees will have a chance to meet with mentors, advisors, trainers, educators, fellow small business owners, and entrepreneurs. It’s an opportunity to learn from savvy business experts who will share their knowledge and real-life experiences.
Connect with federal, state, and local government agencies to find out about starting a business or government contract opportunities.
Expand your resource and support network before, during, and after the event since this year’s virtual event will have more effective ways to connect before, during, and after the the Biz Fair.
Engage via chat with presenters and exhibitors. Discover products and services you need in the Digital Marketplace.
Added bonus to the virtual event: You will be able to access all of the seminars, exhibitors and networking groups for 3 months after the event!
Bizx Fair free seminars include topics such as Human Resources Best Practices, Starting a Business, Business Plans, Financing, Bookkeeping and Taxes, Marketing, Websites, Selling Online, Social Media, Arts & Crafts Businesses, Agriculture Businesses, and more.
Exhibitor Resource Center is the place to find specific information and resources helpful to small business owners, plus the opportunity to get answers to your questions one-on-one.
Annual Washington State Small Biz Fair
- When: held annually in September. In 2020, it will be held in November.
- Where: In 2020, the Washington Small Business Fair will be held online. In other years, it isusually held at Renton Technical College, 3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA. Plenty of free parking is available and you can make a day of it with food available on site.
- Who should attend? Most participants have been in business less than 2 years, and the majority are between the ages of 30 to 50. Between 200-500 people attend this free fair each year. Most attendees are from the Puget Sound metropolitan area, but each year a number of people come from other parts of the state.
What can you expect?
- Savvy Seminars: Sharpen your business skills by attending free seminars led by savvy business experts who will share their knowledge and real-life experiences.
- Helpful Resources: Access valuable small business resources in the Exhibitor Resource Center with representatives from federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as business and trade associations.
- Critical Products & Services: Discover critical products and services you need to start or keep your business running smoothly.