Dancing ‘Til Dusk presented by Dancing for Joy offers free dance lessons, followed by free music and dancing in August at selected Seattle parks. For each event, the first hour will be a beginning lesson in the dance style for the evening. No experience or partner is required. Each lesson will start at the beginning with the basics and will build in complexity, so be on time to get the most out of it. We have hired some of the best instructors in the city — this is your opportunity to learn from them!
- All dance lessons are FREE thanks to the support of sponsors — please support and acknowledge their contribution!
- There is a dance floor; wear clean shoes that slide and do not black-mark the floor.
Every night, the first hour will be a beginning lesson in the dance style for the evening. No experience or partner is required for the lesson or dance. Each lesson will start at the beginning with the basics and will build in complexity, so be on time to get the most out of it. We have hired some of the best instructors in the city — this is your opportunity to learn from the
2022 schedule of free summer dance lessons
All dances are 6:00-9:30 pm. In case of inclement weather call the Rain Hotline at 206-264-5646 to determine if the dance lesson will be canceled.
Free summer dancing Tuesdays in Hing Hay Park, 6-9:30pm
- July 12 – Joel Astley & Friends | Blues
- July 19 – Ranger and the Re‘ Arangers’ | D‘Jango Reinhart Swing
- July 26 – Birch Periera and the Gin Joints | Americana Rock ’n Roll Revival
- Aug 2 – Jonathan Doyle/Matt Weiner/D&slquo;Vonne Lewis Trio | Lindy Hop Swing
Free summer dancing Tuesdays on Pier 62, 6-9:30pm
- Aug 9 – Curley Taylor and Zydeco Trouble | Zydeco
- Aug 16 – Billy Joe Show | Honky Tonk/Swing
- Aug 23 – DJ Koichi Tsunoda | West Coast Swing
- Aug 30 – The Real Lady “A” | Blues, Soul & Funk
Free summer dancing Thursdays in Westlake Park, 6-9:30pm
- July 7 – Kiki Valeria y su Son Cubano | Salsa
- July 14 – Portage Bay Big Band | Big Band Swing
- July 21 – TBD
- July 28 – Swingin’ in the Rain with Dina Blade | Variety
Free summer dancing Thursdays in Freeway Park, 6-9:30pm
- Aug 4 – Ben Thomas Tango Trio
- Aug 11 – TBD
- Aug 18 – Kate Voss and the Big Band | Swing
- Aug 25 – Joy Street Orchestra | Variety
Freeway Park, 700 Seneca St, Seattle, WA 98101