Dancing ‘Til Dusk presented by Dancing for Joy offers free dance lessons, followed by free music and dancing in August at selected Seattle parks. For each event, the first hour will be a beginning lesson in the dance style for the evening. No experience or partner is required. Each lesson will start at the beginning with the basics and will build in complexity, so be on time to get the most out of it. We have hired some of the best instructors in the city — this is your opportunity to learn from them!
- All dance lessons are FREE thanks to the support of sponsors — please support and acknowledge their contribution!
- There is a dance floor; wear clean shoes that slide and do not black-mark the floor.
Every night, the first hour will be a beginning lesson in the dance style for the evening. No experience or partner is required for the lesson or dance. Each lesson will start at the beginning with the basics and will build in complexity, so be on time to get the most out of it. We have hired some of the best instructors in the city — this is your opportunity to learn from the
2023 schedule of free summer dance lessons
1st hour is a beginning dance lesson, no partner necessary as we change partners in the lesson. If you prefer not to change partners, bring one along! Rain Hotline: 206-264-5646. More info: Dancing Til Dusk 2023 | Seattle Summer Dancing Schedule (danceforjoy.biz)
Tuesdays in Hing Hay Park 6-9pm
- July 11 — The Weather Birds | Swing
- July 18 — Bayou Envie | Zydeco
- July 25 — Ranger and the “Re-Arrangers” | Django Reinhart Swing
Thursdays in Freeway Park 6-9pm
- July 13 — Swingin’ in the Rain with Dina Blade | Variety — It’s a Ball Rouge, wear red!
- July 20 — Birch Periera and the Gin Joints | Americana Rock ’n’ Roll Revival
- July 27 — Joel Astley & Friends | Blues
Tuesdays in Cal Anderson Park 6-9:30pm
- August 1 — Buena Vibra | Salsa
- August 8 — Billy Joe Show | Honky-tonk Swing
Tuesday in Ballard Commons 6-9pm
- Aug 15 — Elnah Jordan | Blues
Thursdays in Westlake Park 6-9:30pm
- Aug 3 — WCS DJ Battle with Savoca, Lingane & Thomaier | West Coast Swing
- Aug 10 — Mark DuFresne Band featuring Billy Stapleton | Blues & Swing
- Aug 17 — The Buckaroosters | Swingin’ Country
Tuesdays at Pier 62 5–8pm
- Aug 22 — Ben Thomas Tango Quartet | Tango
- Aug 29 — Jacqueline Tabor Jazz and Blues | Swing & Blues