Dancing ‘Til Dusk presented by Dancing for Joy offers free dance lessons, followed by free music and dancing during July and August in selected Seattle parks. For each event, the first hour will be a beginning lesson in the dance style for the evening. No experience or partner is required. Each lesson will start at the beginning with the basics and will build in complexity, so be on time to get the most out of it. We have hired some of the best instructors in the city — this is your opportunity to learn from them!
All dances lessons are FREE thanks to the support of sponsors — please support and acknowledge their contribution!
In case of inclement weather call the Rain Hotline at 206-264-5646 to determine if the dance lesson will be cancelled.
All dances are 6:00-9:30pm.
There is a dance floor; if possible wear clean shoes that slide and do not black-mark the floor.
Every night, the first hour will be a beginning lesson in the dance style for the evening. No experience or partner is required for the lesson or dance. Each lesson will start at the beginning with the basics and will build in complexity, so be on time to get the most out of it. We have hired some of the best instructors in the city — this is your opportunity to learn from the
2018 schedule of free summer dance lessons
Free dancing Tuesdays in Hing Hay Park, 6-9:30pm
- Jul 10 — Washboard Cutups | Swinging Jazz
Free dancing Thursdays in Occidental Park, 6-9:30pm
- Jul 12 — KGB | Waltz & More!
- Jul 19 — Casey MacGill Trio | Swing
Free dancing Tuesdays in Westlake Park, 6-9:30pm
- Jul 17 — Billy Joe Show | Honky Tonk
- Jul 24 — Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble | Zydeco from Louisiana
- Jul 31 — Birch Pereira & the Gin Joints | Americana Rock ’n Roll Revival
- Aug 7 — DJ Koichi Tsunoda | West Coast Swing
- Aug 14 — Tangoheart | Tango
- Aug 21 — Swingin’ in the Rain with Dina Blade | A Little Bit of Everything
Free dancing Thursdays in Freeway Park, 6-9:30pm
- Jul 26 — Portage Bay Big Band | Big Band Swing
- Aug 2 — Buena Vibra | Salsa
- Aug 9 — Lady A Band | Blues, Soul and Funk
- Aug 16 — Ranger and the “Re-Arrangers” | Gypsy Jazz Swing
- Aug 23 — Kevin Buster’s Lunch Money | Swing, Waltz, and Blues / This is a Ball Rouge; wear red
$20 Annual Fundraiser Tuesday, Aug 28
- Bell Street Community Center, 6-9pm. A variety of music to dance to. $20/person.
Westlake Park, 401 Pine St., Seattle, WA 98101
Freeway Park, 700 Seneca St, Seattle, WA 98101