Here are the best places to buy gifts in the Puget Sound region. Our list focuses on local retailers with a variety of products for every occasion and gift recipient on your list. These shopping sources feature unique gifts for every special occasion, from Valentine’s Day to Christmas and graduation to retirement. Many of the brick and mortar stores also offer gift certificates and online shopping with delivery directly to your recipient.
Stores with lots of gift ideas
These retailers offer a range of gift ideas, including clothing, books, technology, and the latest must-have gadgets. You’ll find gifts in a wide range of prices that are practical, as well as trendy. These are good stores to find graduation gifts or when you are unsure of your recipients taste or needs, so want something that is popular and has wide appeal.
- Bartell Drugs (65 stores in the Puget Sound region), since 1890 is a family-owned chain of pharmacies in the Puget Sound area. Each location features its own distinct neighborhood vibe and products, including seasonal items, personal care, home products, food, and gifts. It’s also a good store for Hanukkah gifts and Christmas stocking stuffers.
- Costco (locations throughout the Puget Sound region) offers a wide range of products. Stock is limited on some items, especially seasonal products. So if you see it, it’s best to buy it right then and there.
- Green Eileen (south Seattle) sells recycled Eileen Fisher garments. It’s thoughtful purchase that reduces environmental impact and helps to revolutionize how we buy and wear clothes.
- Elliott Bay Book Company (Seattle/Capitol Hill) is a destination bookstore located in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood with one of the region’s best selection of books, including new books, bargain editions, books on tape, and signed first editions, plus magazines, journals, gift wrap, and cards. Order online or visit the store.
- Microsoft Store is the place to find computer accessories, especially for Surface, Xbox, Windows Phone, Office as well as other computer software and accessories for the techie and technically challenged on your list. Microsoft Store provides free ground shipping (and returns) on everything.
- Nordstrom (stories throughout Puget Sound and online). For over 100 years, Seattle’s home-grown fashion retailer with clothing, shoes and accessories for men, women and children. Free shipping and free returns, including gifts. On Christmas Day, you can send a Nordstrom E-Gift card to arrive the same day.
- Third Place Books (Lake Forest Park, Seattle/Ravenna, Seattle/Seward Park) features new, used, and bargain books, coloring books for adults and children, YA titles, and a wide selection of books for kids. Each of the stores are fun, comfortable places to relax, browse, and linger. Among their services, Third Place offers a list of staff picks, free gift wrapping, shipping services, and a 20% educator’s discount, as well as free wi-fi in the store and café, and production services for self-publishers.
Sporting Goods & Travel Gifts
These sporting goods stores are a great place to find gifts for active people or those who like to travel, whether for business or pleasure. These products also tend to make good dad gifts and graduation gifts.
- Ebbet’s Field Flannels. Owned and operated by the original founders since 1987. They have been making vintage baseball shirts for over 25 years. The authentic wool flannel baseball jerseys are identical to the original in fabric and craftsmanship, carefully researched and recreated using the original materials, lettering, sleeve patches and trim, 1950s-era wool blend baseball cloth. They also have football, collegiate, field crew, shirts, caps, jackets, and sweatshirts.
- Eddie Bauer. Seattle’s homegrown sportswear store offers great rates on shipping anywhere in the US and can send orders to over 100 countries and territories worldwide. Free shipping on exchanges.
- Filson Sporting Goods. (Tulalip outlet mall, Seattle/Ballard, Seattle/SODO) Filson offers great gift ideas for the outdoor enthusiasts and travelers on your gift list. Their quality goods made right here in Seattle feature union made clothing, vegetable tanned leathers, brass hardware, and hand finishing. Filson products are guaranteed for life. Find gifts tailored to any budget–or send an email gift card.
- REI Gift Ideas (online or retail locations) feature outdoor recreation and travel gear in a wide range of price points to suit any budget.
Food Gifts & Flowers
The following suppliers offer locally produced and prepared foods. Food gifts and flowers are practical and welcoming gifts that are appreciated by everyone and are popular Mother’s Day gifts. They also make great hostess gifts, housewarming gifts, get well gifts, and gifts for new parents.
- Accents et cetera (online) gift baskets contain mostly products that are made in the Pacific Northwest, particularly in Washington State. Delivery of gift baskets and flowers is available by courier in the greater Seattle area and the Eastside, seven days a week. They also ship gift baskets worldwide.
- Bluebird Grain Farms (online) features plow-to-package grain products from 100% certified organic grains, grown and harvested on their farm in the Methow Valley in northern Washington, including Farro, Heritage Rye, freshly-milled flours, and whole-grain products such as breakfast cereals, pancake mix, pilafs, and biscuit mix. Shop online or purchase a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) monthly delivery subscription for your family or as a gift.
- Puget Sound CSA. Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) subscriptions can provide someone you love with the benefits of farm fresh food throughout the year. It also makes a great family gift.
Museum Gift Shops
The following list includes some of our favorite museums and museum shops around the Puget Sound region. Museums shops offer a quality selection of art, crafts, books, clothing, toys, and unique gadgets. Some allow you to shop online. When you want something fun or unique for almost anyone on your gift list, a museum shop is a great place to browse. Museum membership also makes a great gift that keeps on giving all year. Museum shops can be a great place to find special gifts for Mother’s Day, Dad gifts, art and hobby gifts, and unique toys for a curious child.
- Burke Museum Store
- Chihuly Garden & Glass in Seattle
- MOHAI Store (Museum of History and Industry)
- MoPOP Store (formerly EMP Museum)
- Museum of Flight Store
- Museum of Glass Store in Tacoma
- SAM Shop at Seattle Art Museum
- Tacoma Art Museum Store
- Woodland Park ZooStore in Seattle
Arts & Entertainment Tickets
These retailers offer tickets to arts & entertainment shows around the Puget Sound region, as well as cities across the country. Tickets can cost as little as $10 per performance, so budget doesn’t have to be a concern. When your recipient has “everything”, a gift that includes an experience in theater, comedy, or music is a great solution.
- Goldstar (online) offers half-price and discount tickets to arts & entertainment events throughout the region, as well as in major cities across the country. So they make a great gift anywhere, anytime. To get Goldstar discount tickets, join Goldstar (it’s FREE). Then buy tickets like you would with any online service. During checkout, don’t forget to enter your gift recipient’s name in the Will-Call Information section. Note: When you make a purchase through our Goldstar link, we might earn a commission, which supports the maintenance of this website at no cost to you.
- Theatre Puget Sound promotes the vibrant theater and performance art community in the Puget Sound region. Anyone with a passion for the performing arts can join, whether an artist or audience member. One key benefit of TSP membership includes discounts on theatre tickets. Participating theaters include: 5th Avenue, ACT, Initman, Jet City Improv, Edmonds Driftwood Players, Tacoma Musical Playhouse, Village Theatre in Issaquah, Woodinville Repertory Theatre, and many more theaters and performance venues large and small throughout the Pacific Northwest. Individual membership begins at $70 ($50/student). Membership runs from January-December each year. TPS membership makes a great gift.
- Theater tickets, passes, or a subscriptions to any local theatre make a great gift that keeps on giving all year AND supports the vibrant Seattle and Puget Sound art community. It’s a win-win-win. A few of our suggestions include ACT Theatres, ArtsWest, Intiman, Seattle Shakespeare Company, Taproot Theatre Company, and Thistle Puppet Theatre. For more theatres, see http://tpsonline.org/organizations/orgs_full.php. When buying tickets, look for flex passes, mini-subscriptions (less than a full season), and Preview tickets (prior to opening night) for lower cost, yet very interesting and thoughtful gifts.
Home Décor Stores
These stores offer ideas and products to decorate your house for the holidays or home entertaining any season of the year.
- Molbak’s Garden & Home in Woodinville is well-known for their huge selection of plants, home & garden décor for every season, including live Christmas trees.
- (Note: Wight’s in Lynnwood closed in June 2017–end of an era!)
- City People’s in Seattle (2 locations: Mercantile in Sandpoint and Garden Store in Madison Valley). The mercantile is a general store with a wide range of home products, toys, and gifts. The Garden Store has plants, home décor, gifts, and live Christmas trees.
- Retrofit Home is a mini-department store with an edgy selection of furniture, home goods, kitchen essentials, gifts, cards, and gift wrap.
- McLendon Hardware (7 locations from Woodinville to Puyallup). Full service hardware store with a wide rage of home and garden products, including live Christmas trees and décor.
- Swanson’s Nursery (north Seattle) if a full service plant nursery, with gift shop and holiday décor.
Party Supply Stores
These popular party stores offer home décor, party supplies, and favors for every holiday or any celebratory occasion. They’re also good gift stores for Hanukkah gifts and Christmas stocking stuffers.
- Archie McPhee (Seattle’s/Wallingford) has party supplies, crafts, costumes, miniatures, gifts, and the weirdest collection of toys and candy you’ve ever seen.
- Champion Party Supply (Seattle/Interbay, west of Queen Anne Hill) has party supplies and costume goods (wigs, makeup, etc.) for every occasion or holiday.
- Party Display & Costume (Seattle/Roosevelt and Issaquah) is a third generation party supply store known by many for
Arts & Craft Galleries
These galleries offer hand-crafted fine art and crafts locally made by artisans living and working in the Puget Sound region. You’ll find a wide range of materials and prices for suitable for any budget. In some cases, you can talk with the artisan who made the object and find out details about their process and inspiration for the art they create. When you want a unique gift for someone very special, these are your go-to sources.
- Art Gallery of SnoValley (Snoqualmie) is owned and operated by The Mt Si Artist guild. Find fine art from local artists in a wide range of mediums and prices, including jewelry, glass, woodwork, ceramics, and sculpture.
- Duwamish Tribe Longhouse (West Seattle) has a gift shop and native art gallery featuring authentic local Salish art, including books, educational materials, jewelry, and other handmade goods.
- Firework Galleries (7 locations, including 3 at SeaTac airport) feature unique, playful, and practical products from over 300 nationally and internationally acclaimed artisans and studios.
- Made In Washington (Bellevue, Lynnwood, Seattle/Westlake, Seattle/Pike Place) features locally made original and iconic products including smoked salmon, blown glass, specialty coffees, artisan chocolates, boutique wines, and gourmet foods.
- Pike Place Market Craft Line (Seattle) began more than 40 years ago and now represents 225 local and regional craftspeople offering unique, localm and handcrafted items. It is one of the largest and most diverse in the U.S. where you can also meet the artisans behind the work on display.
- Ten Thousand Villages (Seattle/Roosevelt) is a fair trade retailer of artisan-crafted home décor, personal accessories, and gifts from more than 130 artisan groups in 38 countries. They are part of a network of over 390 retail outlets for these unique products.
Glass Art Studios and Galleries
Art and Craft Shows
Throughout the year, you can find art festivals and craft fairs in venues and neighborhoods around the Seattle-Tacoma metropolitan region. At these shows, you’ll find locally made crafts at many price points. These unique, handmade gifts can please a variety of recipients on your list, from casual to personal and practical to unusual.