Jazz Alley issued an update on their highly anticipated return to live music shows. Although licensed as a Restaurant and allowed to open at 50% capacity, they have not been given any clear guidelines with regards to presenting live music. As much as they wanted to open during summer 2020, conditions dictate that it would be unwise to do so. So they’ve elected to move the opening forward.
Jazz Alley has already scheduled a full calendar of great artists in the completely re-vamped showroom. Your experience will be spacious and welcoming with great food, cocktails, and your fill of soul feeding music, all while complying with healthy and safety measures.
Jazz Alley hopes that all “Alley Cats” are safe, healthy, and getting ready to get back into the swing of things. Become an Alley Cat to enjoy advance concert notice, discounts, and special invites.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters.
Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists:
A message from Jazz Alley
Jazz Alley has taken steps to safeguard customers, staff, and artists, reaffirming a commitment to live music performance we all love. In order to re-open, the owners and staff have worked to make the space more-than-compliant will all safety guidelines and recommendations.
Upgrades to the club to include:
- When patrons are not seated, they will be required to wear a face mask.
- Revised seating configuration to provide more space between tables
- New booths in the main section of the room with adequate spacing
- Removal of excess tables and chairs for better mobility within the room
- Complete remodel of bar area with new fixed seating to comply with social distancing
- Plastic privacy shields throughout the club, on stage, and at the Host/Hostess stations
- “Hands free” faucets and soap dispensers in our restrooms, and other public and staff areas
- New air ventilation system to ensure constant fresh and filtered outside air
- Staff trained in specific and ongoing sanitation protocol
- Added a designated COVID-19 compliance officer to the team
- Clear signage for all customers to include specific procedures for check-in upon arrival
With these changes in place, Jazz Alley is excited to return to presenting world class, uplifting music (soul food) to the community once again. The club is coming back stronger than ever.
About Jazz Alley
Dimitrou’s Jazz Alley is a fixture of the West Coast and Seattle live music and dining scene, family owned and operated since 1979.
Towering figures in the world of jazz have played there, including stars such as Dizzy Gillespie, Oscar Peterson, Betty Carter, Bill Evans, Burt Bacharach, Judy Collins, Kenny G, Poncho Sanchez, Taj Mahal, Diane Schuur, John Mayall, Earl Klugh, and Bill Frisell.
Over the years, the club has been remodeled to add a state of the art sound system, expanded stage, and orchestra pit style tiered floor, while maintaining the original bistro ambience that continue to make Jazz Alley an intimate experience.
Jazz Alley has been in Seattle for 40 years and plans to be here another 40! More info: https://www.jazzalley.com/
Jazz Alley live music shows 2020
For a complete list of upcoming live music shows, visit the Jazz Alley calendar: https://www.jazzalley.com/www-home/calendar.jsp.
For live music shows around the Puget Sound region, check our live music calendar below.
But wait, there’s more!
- Our big list of live music venues (all genres).
- Our big list of music festivals in Washington State.
- Here’s a list of 101+ always free things to do for fun.
- More free and cheap things to do every day: Greater Seattle on the Cheap event calendar.
- Still more ideas for frugal fun: Greater Seattle on the Cheap home page.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters. Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists. Click here to subscribe.
Calendar of live music events
The following calendar list includes upcoming live and live stream music events in all genres. We update music events on a rolling basis all year long. We also try to have several free and low cost live music events on the calendar every weekend.
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Thursday, December 3, 2020
Friday, December 4, 2020
Saturday, December 5, 2020
Sunday, December 6, 2020
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Friday, December 11, 2020
Saturday, December 12, 2020
Sunday, December 13, 2020
Monday, December 14, 2020
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Thursday, December 17, 2020
Friday, December 18, 2020
Saturday, December 19, 2020
Sunday, December 20, 2020
Monday, December 21, 2020
Tuesday, December 22, 2020
Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Thursday, December 24, 2020
Friday, December 25, 2020
Saturday, December 26, 2020
Sunday, December 27, 2020
Monday, December 28, 2020
Tuesday, December 29, 2020
Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Thursday, December 31, 2020
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
Seattle , WA 98121