If you are planning to eat out at a restaurant on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day in the Puget Sound region, check our list of restaurants. The list includes locally owned and operate restaurants as well as popular chain restaurants. You can also check OpenTable Seattle restaurants to find restaurants with available tables on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in the Seattle-Tacoma metropolitan region.
Christmas and New Year’s Dinner at Seattle restaurants
We chose these restaurants for their diversity of menu selections and modest prices. Some accept reservations, but several offering casual menus are walk-in. Expect large crowds wherever you chose to go. If you make a reservation, expect to provide a credit card to guarantee your reservation and be sure to ask about their cancellation policy and stated fee if you are a no-show.
Listed alphabetically by city.
13 Coins 24-hour restaurant three locations (Bellevue, Seattle, SeaTac) is of course open early and late with their regular menu, plus Christmas Day specials. Also accepting New Year’s Eve reservations at Bellevue and Seattle for New Years Eve.
Gyu-Kaku in Bellevue provides the authentic Japanese Yakiniku (barbeque) dining experience where customers share premium cooked meats over a flaming charcoal grill while sipping on Japanese Sake, Shochu and frosty cold beers. Call the restaurant or book online via OpenTable.
Frankie’s B Town Bistro in Burien features authentic Italian cuisine and a warm, friendly atmosphere for the entire family. Call the restaurant or book online via their website.
O’Neill’s Bar and Grill (formerly Tanglewood Grill) in Gig Harbor is open Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve for breakfast, lunch, and early dinner (but closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day).
Bin on the Lake in Kirkland at Carillon Point features Northwest cuisine, a great wine list, and Lake Washington views. Call the restaurant or book online via OpenTable.
Andaluca in Seattle features seasonal Northwest foods combined with the flavors and spices of Spain, Greece, Turkey and many other Mediterranean countries.
Buca di Beppo in Seattle is known for Italian pastas, entrees, breads, salads, pizza, and desserts served family style. Call the restaurant or book online via OpenTable.
Hatties Hat in Seattle is a longtime Ballard neighborhood favorite with a great vibe, serving classic American diner food and cocktails.
Fogon Cocina Mexicana in Seattle on Capitol Hill is a family-based restaurant with origins in Michoacan, Mexico offering a unique perspective on Mexican food and tequila cocktails. Call the restaurant or book online via their website.
Lionhead in Seattle on Capitol Hill offers a unique take on Chinese cuisine from the Sichuan Province and a 3-course menu for $33. Call the restaurant or book online via OpenTable.
Lost Lake Café & Lounge in Seattle on Capitol Hill is open 24-hours and will be serving a limited café menu and a Christmas Feast from 4pm-10pm on Christmas Eve and from 11am-8pm on Christmas Day.
Ray’s Boathouse and Ray’s Café in Seattle overlooking Puget Sound in the Ballard neighborhood is open Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day. Reserve a table via their website or OpenTable.
Shuckers in Seattle is located inside the Fairmont Olympic Hotel at the corner of 4th and Seneca, is one of Seattle’s oldest and most pre-eminent oyster bars serving a daily menu of fresh fish and seafood. Reserve a table via their website or OpenTable.
The 5 Point Café in Seattle on Queen Anne Hill is open 7 days per week and serves a full menu all the time. The bar is open from 6am to 2am. They’re open on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and all holidays.
House of Seven Brothers in Sequim on the Washington Peninsula is inspired by a traditional Clallam story features locally-sourced foods from across the Olympic Peninsula. Call the restaurant or book online via OpenTable.
Fujiyama Japanese Steakhouse & Bar in Silverdale (Kitsap Peninsula) features entrees prepared at your table on a Hibachi grill, tempura dishes, fried rice, and kids specials. It’s a great option for families and large groups. Call the restaurant or book online via OpenTable.
Clearwater Casino in Suquamish on the Kitsap Peninsula overlooking Puget Sound features a locally inspired menu. Call the restaurant or book online via OpenTable.
Tulalip Casino Dining (in Tulalip, of course) includes menu specials at eatery’s throughout the casino: $6.96 Canoe Carvery oriental chicken salad, $9.50 Blazing Saddles pizza special, $10 Draft Sports Bar chicken bites, $16 Journey’s East calamari stir-fry, $17.95 Cedar Café cod Neptune dinner, $27.95 Eagles Buffet.
So, these are just some of the local restaurant options for Christmas Day dining. Many more restaurants in Seattle, Tacoma, Everett and surrounding cities offer reservations via the online service OpenTable. For more information, visit dine at Seattle restaurants using OpenTable reservations.
You might also like:
Fast food restaurants open Christmas and New Year’s Day
Here are fast food and other national chain restaurants open on Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Applebee’s hours and locations will vary by location for Christmas/NY Eve and Day . Call your local Applebee’s for more information.
- Bonefish Grill will be open Christmas/NY Eve and closed Christmas/NY Day.
- Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurants will open on Christmas/NY Eve and Day for dine in or to go. Regular menu will be served. Celebratory Packages, Christmas Day Feasts and Holiday Feasts are also available for carryout.
- Buffalo Wild Wings will be open at participating locations. Please call ahead.
- Del Taco will be closing early on Christmas/NY Eve. Many locations will be open Christmas/NY Day. Locations and hours will vary by location.
- Denny’s Restaurants is open 24-hours everyday, offering a “Season’s Favorites’” menu including turkey dinner, turkey sandwiches, and breakfast items featuring gingerbread and pumpkin.
- Domino’s Pizza will be open Christmas/NY Eve. Some franchise locations will be open on Christmas/NY Day. Hours vary by location so please call ahead.
- Dunkin Donuts‘ participating locations will be open on Christmas/NY Day.
- Edible Arrangements: Order last minute arrangements online until 3 pm Christmas/NY Eve to have them delivered that day. Most outlets close at 5 pm Christmas/NY Eve and are closed Christmas/NY Day.
- Hooters hours will vary by location, but some will be open Christmas/NY Eve and Christmas/NY Day.
- IHOP restaurants are open Christmas/NY Eve and Day at participating locations, serving up everything their guests love about breakfast, all day. Call ahead for hours.
- Jack in the Box company-operated restaurants will be open 24 hours every day. Franchise restaurants may have reduced hours.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy will be open Christmas/NY Eve and closed Christmas/NY Day.
- McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks. Some locations will be open Christmas/NY Eve and Christmas/NY Day. Call ahead. Reservations recommended.
- McDonalds’ will be open Christmas/NY Eve and Day at participating location.
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt will be open Christmas/NY Eve but closed Christmas/NY Day.
- Old Country Buffet will be open Christmas/NY Eve and Day with reduced hours at participating locations and feature a holiday meal.
- Olive Garden will be open Christmas/NY Eve and closed Christmas/NY Day.
- Outback Steakhouse will be open Christmas/NY Eve and closed Christmas/NY Day.
- Ruby Tuesday will be open Christmas/NY Eve and select locations will be open on Christmas/NY Day.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House will be open Christmas/NY Eve and Day. Reservations recommended for dinner (but not happy hour).
- Sizzler will be open on Christmas/NY Eve and select locations on Christmas/NY Day. Hours may vary by location.
- Starbucks will be open Christmas/NY Eve and Day.
- Village Inn: Open Christmas/NY Eve and Day.