Wedding Shows and Bridal Expos let you see many wedding planning professionals in one place and provide lots of ideas for your wedding day. You can pick up free literature and talk with wedding service providers who can help you plan a perfect wedding day. Thoughtful wedding planning ensures it will be a memorable day for you, your spouse, your wedding party, your family, and friends.
At wedding shows, you can see the latest trends in weddings for every season, find a wide range of options for any budget, see bridal fashions (and sometimes try on gowns), explore catering services, find out about wedding etiquette, and other information to help you plan your perfect day.
Tips to get the most out of a wedding expo
If you are very early in the planning stages, use a wedding expo to gather inspiration and see the latest trends. Talk with experts about ceremonies, receptions, etiquette, or any aspect of weddings that pose a challenge for you. Pick up literature to take home and continue to plan the details of your event.
If you are ready to plan the details of your wedding, a wedding expo is a place where you can see many wedding professionals in one place, ask questions, confirm wedding details, and even book services (venues, invitations, flowers, photographers, wedding cakes, caterers, music, limousines, etc.).
Before you go, download a copy of the show guide and prioritize the vendors you most want to see. Another strategy is to use your first hour at the show for a quick walk-through, marking your show guide for any vendor you want to return to for a detailed discussion. Note whether your show ticket allows re-entry, which is helpful if there are lots of vendors you want to see. If so, plan to return to the show a second day.
Top 10 wedding planning tips
There are lots of free planning tools on the internet, including 12-month wedding planning checklist at theknot.com, How to Plan a Dream Wedding on a Budget at realsimple.com, and finally the Top 50 Wedding Do’s and Don’ts from premierbride.com. Before you get started on these, we’ve got our own list of advice:
- Use the internet, bridal magazines, and wedding shows to gather inspiration for your wedding day.
- Start early and get a notebook to track the details. Whether your wedding is small or large, in-town or destination, staying organized helps you stay within budget and reduce stress.
- Agree on a budget and stick to it. Yes. Really.
- Establish who will pay for the wedding ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner, and any other elements. Get everyone on the same page early: brides’ parents, grooms’ parents, you, and your fiancé.
- Work on the venues and guest list as soon as possible because these two items greatly affect your ability to plan other details while staying within your budget.
- Consult with both families to create an initial guest list and determine the size of the ceremony and reception venues needed. You can refine the list later.
- Be yourself. Whether you like it simple or over-the-top, keep the style consistent with who you are. This applies to the venue, your attire, and all of the other details.
- Reserve the ceremony and reception venues 9-12 months in advance.
- Watch for budget creep on individual items. If your dress budget is $1,000, don’t try on dresses that cost $1,001 or more. If you can afford a $200 a plate dinner, don’t consider options costing $225. How about sales tax on all these purchases…is that factored into your budget?
- Pause. Breathe. Enjoy. Repeat.
Wedding shows in the Puget Sound region
Listed below are briefs descriptions of the annual wedding shows throughout the Puget Sound region. Wedding shows are typically held winter (January-February), spring (March-April), and fall (September-October). For more details about upcoming wedding shows, check our calendar list below or click on the link for each show in the list below.
(Listed alphabetically by city)
Marysville Wedding Show. Showcases services of all kinds, anything and everything to do with preparing for your wedding and honeymoon, a Fashion Show featuring local dress shops and boutiques. Free swag bags to the first 100 attendees.
- When is the Marysville Wedding Show? Winter.
- Free event. More info: https://www.marysvillewa.gov/980/Marysville-Wedding-Show
Pierce County ESB Wedding Showcase is the perfect opportunity to preview this award-winning venue overlooking Puget Sound, the Environmental Services Building (The ESB) in University Place. Experience the latest entertainment, preferred catering, photography, and connect with local vendors to plan your special day.
- When is the Pierce County Wedding Showcase? Spring.
- More info or tickets: Wedding Showcase | Pierce County, WA – Official Website (piercecountywa.gov)
Seattle Big Fake Wedding Show is a fun planning alternative complete with a vow renewal ceremony, cocktail hour and dance-party reception. The event serves as a source of inspiration, a resource in finding trusted wedding vendors, and an emotional reminder to plan for what comes after the wedding: a marriage! Engaged couples get to experience and shop with local boutique vendors and form connections before making an investment towards their special day.
- When is the Big Fake Wedding Show? Throughout the year in cities across the country.
- More info or tickets: The Big Fake Wedding
Seattle Bridal & Wedding Expo. An incredible selection of wedding professionals, bridal fashion shows and live DJ and band demos take place throughout the day, and CASH PRIZES and GIVEAWAYS throughout the weekend.
- When is the Seattle Bridal & Wedding Expo? Summer and Winter.
- More info or tickets: https://www.bridalshowswa.com/
Seattle Wedding Show. The Seattle show is held only once a year and is focused on the bride, offering almost everything a couple will need to plan their wedding. At the Seattle show, you will find ideas, products, and services for any size wedding or budget from local, regional and national vendors. Fashion shows throughout the day. Discount on advance purchase ticket before opening day. Come to the show Saturday, get your hand stamped on the way out, then come back Sunday for FREE. Children 12 and under are admitted free. More info:
- When is the Seattle Wedding Show? Winter.
- More info or tickets: https://weddingshow.com/
South Sound Wedding Shows. Find all of the resources that you need to plan your wedding from flowers and party decor rentals to venues and photographers, all located in or servicing the South Sound region.
- When are the South Sound Wedding Shows? Shows are usually held Bremerton, Puyallup, and Olympia. Shows have been postponed since 2019. As of January 2023, none are currently scheduled and their website states TBD.
- More info or tickets: https://www.southsoundweddingshows.com/tickets
Cancelled Puget Sound Wedding Shows
- Bellevue & Tacoma BridesClub.com Wedding Expo. Since 2021, the website BridesClub.com no longer exists.
- Ferndale “Here Comes The Bride” Wedding Showcase. Since 2021, the website herecomesthebridenw.com website no longer exists.
Upcoming Consumer Expos in the Puget Sound region
Listed below are all types of consumer expos, including wedding shows, home shows, art & craft shows, and other sales events.
Friday, September 22, 2023
Saturday, September 23, 2023
Sunday, September 24, 2023
Thursday, September 28, 2023
Friday, September 29, 2023
Saturday, September 30, 2023
Sunday, October 1, 2023
Saturday, October 7, 2023
Sunday, October 8, 2023
Friday, October 27, 2023
Saturday, October 28, 2023
Sunday, October 29, 2023
You might also like:
- Best Seattle wedding gift registries and tips – Greater Seattle on the Cheap
- Best retailers for gifts, party supplies & holiday decor – Greater Seattle on the Cheap