Wedding Shows and Bridal Expos let you see many wedding planning professionals in one place and provide lots of ideas for your wedding day. You can pick up free literature and talk with wedding service providers who can help you plan a perfect wedding day. Thoughtful wedding planning ensures it will be a memorable day for you, your spouse, your wedding party, your family, and friends.
At wedding shows, you can see the latest trends in weddings for every season, find a wide range of options for any budget, see bridal fashions (and sometimes try on gowns), explore catering services, find out about wedding etiquette, and other information to help you plan your perfect day.
Our top 10 wedding planning tips
There are lots of free planning tools on the internet, including free printable wedding checklists at thespruce.com, 12-month wedding planning checklist from theknot.com, 16-month wedding planning checklist from realsimple.com, and finally the top 50 wedding do’s and don’ts from premierbride.com. Before you get started on these, we’ve go our own list of advice:
- Use the internet, bridal magazines, and wedding shows to gather inspiration for your wedding day.
- Start early and get a notebook to track the details. Whether your wedding is small or large, in-town or destination, staying organized helps you stay within budget and reduce stress.
- Agree on a budget and stick to it. Yes. Really.
- Establish who will pay for the wedding ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner, and any other elements. Get everyone on the same page early: brides parents, grooms parents, you and your fiancé.
- Work on the venues and guest list as soon as possible because these two items greatly affect your ability to plan other details while staying within your budget.
- Consult with both families to create an initial guest list and determine the size of the ceremony and reception venues needed. You can refine the list later.
- Be yourself. Whether you like it simple or over-the-top, keep the style consistent with who you are. This applies to the venue, your attire, and all of the other details.
- Reserve the ceremony and reception venues 9-12 months in advance.
- Watch for budget creep on individual items. If your dress budget is $1,000, don’t try on dresses that cost $1,001 or more. If you can afford a $200 a plate dinner, don’t consider options costing $225. How about sales taxe on all these purchases…is that factored into your budget?
- Pause. Breathe. Enjoy. Repeat.
How to get the most out of a wedding expo
If you are very early in the planning stages, use a wedding expo to gather inspiration and see the latest trends. Talk with experts about ceremonies, receptions, etiquette, or any aspect of weddings that pose a challenge for you. Pick up literature to take home and continue to plan the details of your event.
If you are ready to plan the details of your wedding, a wedding expo is a place where you can see many wedding professionals in one place, ask questions, confirm wedding details, and even book services (venues, invitations, flowers, photographers, wedding cakes, caterers, music, limousines, etc.).
Before you go, download a copy of the show guide and prioritize the vendors you most want to see. Another strategy is to use your first hour at the show for a quick walk-through, marking your show guide for any vendor you want to return to for a detailed discussion. Note whether your show ticket allows re-entry, which is helpful if there are lots of vendors you want to see. If so, plan to return to the show a second day.
Wedding shows in the Puget Sound region
Listed below are briefs descriptions of the annual wedding shows throughout the Puget Sound region. For more details about upcoming wedding shows, check our calendar list below or click on the link for each show.
Wedding shows are typically held winter (January-February), spring (March-April), and fall (September-October).
(Listed alphabetically by city)
Bellevue Wedding Expo. A BridesClub.com wedding show. These are a one-stop shopping experience with some of the best wedding professionals in Washington State. The shows include trends, fashions, products, and services. You’ll find fashion shows, wedding gowns, current trends in wedding décor, giveaways, wedding planning tips, and professionals offering wedding products and services you need to plan a beautiful day.
- When are Bellevue Wedding Expos? Twice a year in winter/spring and fall (visit their website or our calendar below).
- Bellevue Wedding discount tickets: No ticket fees buying tickets at the door. Group discount for 3 or more tickets. Children ages 12 and under are FREE. More info: https://bridesclub.com/wedding-expos
Marysville Wedding Show. Showcases services of all kinds, anything and everything to do with preparing for your wedding and honeymoon, a Fashion Show featuring local dress shops and boutiques. Free swag bags to the first 100 attendees.
- When is the Marysville Wedding Show? Once a year in winter (visit their website or our calendar below).
- Free event. More info: https://www.marysvillewa.gov/980/Marysville-Wedding-Show
Seattle Wedding Show. The Seattle show is held only once a year and is focused on the bride, offering almost everything a couple will need to plan their wedding. At the Seattle show, you will find ideas, products, and services for any size wedding or budget from local, regional and national vendors. Fashion shows throughout the day.
- When is the Seattle Wedding Show?: once a year in winter (visit their website or our calendar below).
- Seattle Wedding Show discount tickets: Advance purchase before opening day. Children 12 and under are admitted free. Come to the show Saturday, get your hand stamped on the way out, then come back Sunday for FREE. More info: https://weddingshow.com/
Tacoma Wedding Expo. A BridesClub.com wedding show. These are a one-stop shopping experience with some of the best wedding professionals in Washington State. The shows include trends, fashions, products, and services. You’ll find fashion shows, wedding gowns, current trends in wedding décor, giveaways, wedding planning tips, and professionals offering wedding products and services you need to plan a beautiful day.
- When is the Tacoma Wedding Expo? three times a year in winter, spring, and fall (visit their website or our calendar below).
- Tacoma Wedding Expo discount tickets: No ticket fees buying tickets at the door. Group discount for 3 or more tickets. Children ages 12 and under are FREE. More info: https://bridesclub.com/wedding-expos
Tulalip Wedding Expo. Northwest Bridal Showcase is Snohomish County’s Premier Wedding Show. Features local vendors, gown sale, daily fashion show and special guest speakers.
- When is the Tulalip Wedding Expo? winter/spring.
- Tulalip Wedding Expo discount tickets: same price online or at the door. Children under the age of 12 are free. $5 Military Discount at the door with ID. More info: http://nwbridalshowcase.com
Upcoming Wedding Shows
(If nothing is listed below, there are no upcoming wedding shows in our calendar. We usually update our calendar in December for wedding shows coming up in the next year.)
Marysville, WA 98270
Tacoma, WA 98421
Tacoma, WA 98421
Bellevue, WA 98004
Tacoma, WA 98421
Seattle, WA 98101
Tulalip Resort, 10200 Quil Ceda Blvd. Tulalip, WA 98271