Does your car leak? Does it leave spots in your parking space? An oil leak is not only bad for your car, it pollutes our local waterways. Each year, our vehicles release 7 million quarts of motor oil and other petroleum-related products into the Puget Sound watershed.
Join the experts from fixcarleaks.org for a FREE auto leaks workshop at a location near you. Don’t Drip and Drive offers free auto leaks inspection workshops to help you learn about your car and make sound choices for Puget Sound. Certified automotive instructors teach these free workshops at fully equipped auto-repair training centers at participating community colleges and high schools.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters.
Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists:
The workshops are open to EVERYONE in Puget Sound region. You also get a professional inspection of your car — for free (we like that a lot). In a few hours, the workshop takes you through the basics of vehicle maintenance. You’ll learn basic car care – like checking your oil and fluids – that can help you catch problems (such as leaks) before they become big and expensive — that scares us more than anything!
Upcoming Auto Leak Workshops
After taking this workshop, you will become a safer, more responsible car owner. It won’t make you a mechanic, but you’ll get enough smarts to look after your car and have a conversation with your mechanic, or even do it yourself.
Space is limited: Only 15 participants admitted per session and classes fill quickly. So, register early for an upcoming workshop. Classes are offered almost every month throughout the year.
- Find an upcoming class in the calendar below, or visit: https://fixcarleaks.org/events/
Can’t take the workshop?
The following short video, Please, don’t drip and drive shows how to find automotive leaks and keep your car from polluting our waters. This video was produced to increase public understanding of stormwater and the local policies to manage it. But, we can all help. Don’t Drip & Drive is a unique opportunity for drivers to save money on vehicle maintenance while helping protect our waters for future generations.
But wait, there’s more!
- Our big list of car shows and auto clubs.
- Free repair of your broken stuff around Puget Sound.
- Emergency Preparedness information & classes.
- Most amazing natural wonders in Washington State.
- 11 Puget Sound lighthouses you can visit for free.
- Here’s a list of 101+ always free things to do for fun.
- Find free and cheap things to do every day on the Greater Seattle on the Cheap event calendar.
- Visit the Greater Seattle on the Cheap home page and choose from a menu of free and cheap activities in the Puget Sound region.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters. Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists. Click here to subscribe.