- Tour the interactive Microsoft Visitor Center with a free, self-guided tour featuring the latest technology.
- You can meet authors and get your book autographed at a free book reading in Seattle and Bellevue.
- Almost every day, Williams-Sonoma offers free cooking classes and demonstrations.
- Check the schedule online and then head to your nearest REI for Free classes and events on bicycling, hiking, snowsports, and more.
- Explore the shops DownUnder at Pike Place Market.
- Go see a film flick. Where and when to see movies in Seattle at a discount.
- Even on gray days, here are the Best Seattle parks to visit on a rainy day.
Always (or mostly) free and fun wine tasting:
- Head out north for Wine tastings in Woodinville, where many are offered daily.
- If you are in Seattle, check out these Free wine tastings in Seattle.
Stay at home fun:
- With your Public Libary card from Seattle, King County, Pierce County, Snohomish, Island, other libraries throughout the Puget Sound region…and 30,000 libraries in over 40 countries, you can download FREE books, music and videos without leaving home.
- Movie rentals are just $1.50 at Redbox at thousands of kiosks throughout the Puget Sound region. Sign up for text and/or email to get free movie rentals and other special offers.
- The online Boeing Surplus store lets you bid on the latest surplus items.
- Design a customized radio listening experience online on Free Slacker Radio, and don’t forget to check out their free mobile app.
- Download free and cheap eBooks and free eReader software.
- Download Free coloring pages (for your kids or the kid in you!).
Get some chores done:
- Gather the family and talk about emergencies. If you don’t have a family plan, make one. Plan what the family will do in different situations, such as a fire, power outage, or an earthquake. If you have a plan, practice it! Make sure everyone knows what to do. For help with planning, you can download free emergency preparedness fact sheets from the Red Cross.
- Go through your medicine cabinet, and then head to Bartell Drugs for free, safe disposal of expired and unwanted medications.
- Plan for a healthier lifestyle with this advice for healthy eating from WebMD.
- Turn extra stuff into cash…or better stuff. Clean out your shelves and find the best websites that let you swap, trade, or exchange your books.
- If you travel a lot, peruse JoeSentMe.com resources and discounts for business travelers.